Speedy's list of of soaps by scent category

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mark1966 found 5 more need to add to the list.

Crabtree & Evelyn ~ West Indian Lime

Oleo Soapworks ~ Windy City Barbershop

The Holy Black New York ~ Lavender Creeper
The Holy Black New York ~ Sandalwood Smoke
The Holy Black New York ~ The Galleon (dark rum in the background)

Cheers ;)

Could we please have a list of all soaps containing menthol and the percentage contained in each? The consistency of the soap itself is also important e.g. is it a soft soap, croap, hard triple milled puck etc. I would also be curious to know the date that they were first offered for sale and the price. If there have been price increases since then that too would be good to know. If they have ceased production of the soap could that also be noted and the date that production stopped? In the event that production has been stopped because an artisan has stopped trading could we please have a sub list with a history of the artisan along with a list of every product they produced and sold (including release dates, pricing info, pricing increase info and date ceased producing). An in depth report of the reasons they stopped trading should also be included please.

I think I've updated teh master list correctly @SpeedyPC - you might want to check though.

Included ARKO! just for you @borked

Hmmmmm. This would likely be better as a filterable database...

Indeed it would, that's a capital suggestion and it would work even better if multiple sources could audit, review and contribute to such a database with the direct input and clarification of the artisans themselves where issues of uncertainty or doubt arose.

https://trythatsoap.com/

Querying the database thusly for example:
https://trythatsoap.com/search/?q=tobacco
https://trythatsoap.com/search/?q=lavender

I think it would be a great project for @SpeedyPC to go through every individual item in his text based list and see if an entry exists on trythatsoap's database, in doing so the open source project they run could be enriched if it were found that an entry from the list was missing :)

Ariana & Evans ~ Platinum remove this please
Ariana & Evans ~ Platinum (Barbershop)

@Mark1966 and add these to Tobacco & Vanilla list
Ariana & Evans ~ Vanille de Tabac

That's all for now while I'm sorting a complete list of menthol shaving soap's

Thank you.

PS. you might want to ask @Monsta_AU if I could have access to edit the whole list IF I find any more along the way, so I can keep track to make sure I've got this right.

@Mark1966 and add these to Tobacco & Vanilla list
Ariana & Evans ~ Vanille de Tabac

That's all for now while I'm sorting a complete list of menthol shaving soap's

Thank you.

PS. you might want to ask @Monsta_AU if I could have access to edit the whole list IF I find any more along the way, so I can keep track to make sure I've got this right.

Done

@todras that's a very good site thanks for sharing already bookmark ;)(y)

Do you know any more similar to trythatsoap's database

I do not speed PC, the consensus is throughout the forums that it was better to pour all the collective efforts into one feature rich database that everyone can contribute too rather than have a series of decentralised and often incomplete lists and records. From what I understand there is a team that works on the database, provides reviews and collaborates to ensure it is a broad, reflective record of soaps, their performance and the fragrance notes that feature in them. I think its a fantastic site that is growing exponentially every day as more people contribute.

In fact it would be fantastic if people could contribute reviews of the AP Reserve fragrances to https://trythatsoap.com/ because as the owner and creator of them I obviously can not.

The barbershop scented soap list could easily be doubled or tripled. There are a lot missing.....

Italian citrus barbershop or American musk barbershop. You need a SQL database for this kind of gig!

Italian citrus barbershop or American musk barbershop. You need a SQL database for this kind of gig!
I would expect that to be the bare minimum to get a suitable record of what is available on the market and to have it searchable across a variety of criteria.

Probably need to get some developers involved and have a user facing web portal built to simplify the process of searching for items and updating the DB etc.

This is a decent sized project and I would expect that it will take the best part of 6 months or so to properly get it off the ground.

If only someone had of thought of it sooner @todras and compiled a database of available soaps and other shave related products that you could search through via brand, vendor or scent notes and get a list of results that you could drill down in to by product and perhaps even get a scent profile of the product, a description and even a list of ingredients. One could even take it a step further and include things like release schedules etc.

That would be amazing.....

I would expect that to be the bare minimum to get a suitable record of what is available on the market and to have it searchable across a variety of criteria.

Probably need to get some developers involved and have a user facing web portal built to simplify the process of searching for items and updating the DB etc.

This is a decent sized project and I would expect that it will take the best part of 6 months or so to properly get it off the ground.

If only someone had of thought of it sooner @todras and compiled a database of available soaps and other shave related products that you could search through via brand, vendor or scent notes and get a list of results that you could drill down in to by product and perhaps even get a scent profile of the product, a description and even a list of ingredients. One could even take it a step further and include things like release schedules etc.

That would be amazing.....

Just join the next travelling box - nothing can compare with first hand experiences :)

Later on I'm going to add a direct link to each and every soap on the list (try that soap) soon, I'll send an email attached file to @Mark1966 later so he can replace the whole list in one batch.

Keep in mind this is going to be slow while I'm building up as much information as possible for everybody, any new soaps you find always tag me @SpeedyPC and @Mark1966 so I make sure I've got everything listed onto my backup file.

You could add Group Captains Blend to the tobacco scents
@SchoolForAnts thanks and have this soap onto my file as well ;).......thanks @Mark1966 for adding this to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.