Splash suggestions?

Jase

I'm about to put an order in to TSW and want to grab an aftershave splash, but am a bit lost as to what to get.

My preference is for earthy, woody, leather, tobacco scents. I was wanting to try something from B&M, maybe Lavanille but am not a big fan of Lavender. I can handle it if its not dominant. I know scent is very subjective but need a starting point at least?

Reserve classic from B&M is a staple for me I couldn't not have it

And also anything by Australian Private Reserve is excellent
(Can only buy these at the stray whisker)

I have Mycroft splash and soap from APR - I initially found it a bit too 'floral' (for want of a better word! I'm no scent aficionado!), but it has grown on me since then. I cant fault the quality so would be happy to buy another APR scent if there was one more along the lines of what I described above?

I'm about to put an order in to TSW and want to grab an aftershave splash, but am a bit lost as to what to get.

My preference is for earthy, woody, leather, tobacco scents. I was wanting to try something from B&M, maybe Lavanille but am not a big fan of Lavender. I can handle it if its not dominant. I know scent is very subjective but need a starting point at least?
B&M tonique's have great skin feel, and would highly recommend. Blackship Grooming also do a very good splash. I don't get a heap of straight lavender in the Lavanille, for me it's totally masked by the leathery tones of the Mousse de Saxe and vanilla.

La vanille in French, or in English.. Vanilla.

Ok, going by that I might give Lavanille a try.

@todras probably been asked before, but do you do an APR splash sampler pack? Would love to try 3 or 4 scents before committing to buying the larger bottle.

Ok, going by that I might give Lavanille a try.

@todras probably been asked before, but do you do an APR splash sampler pack? Would love to try 3 or 4 scents before committing to buying the larger bottle.

Sorry mate, I do not.

Any plans to do one? I'd love to try a few and some soaps befor to buying a large amount

I won't be selling samples again, no.

Con from the Stray Whisker will however be sending samples with orders in the near future as I transition away from doing retail in Australia. My experience doing samples was that very few people wanted them, they took way too much time to prepare and package and delivering them in a cost effective way just wasn't possible. As I am growing APR and the fragrances develop significantly, I have to be much more conscious of where I allocate my time in order to keep it viable as I work full time at my job and often do fairly long hours.

I won't be selling samples again, no.

Con from the Stray Whisker will however be sending samples with orders in the near future as I transition away from doing retail in Australia. My experience doing samples was that very few people wanted them, they took way too much time to prepare and package and delivering them in a cost effective way just wasn't possible. As I am growing APR and the fragrances develop significantly, I have to be much more conscious of where I allocate my time in order to keep it viable as I work full time at my job and often do fairly long hours.
Fair enough

I think you may enjoy winterfell. I've only used it once before stashing it away for Autumn/Winter but I really like the Labdanum in there, it smells like all, and none, of the notes you've stated you like. I find it quite difficult to nail Labdanum down as a description.

I think you may enjoy winterfell. I've only used it once before stashing it away for Autumn/Winter but I really like the Labdanum in there, it smells like all, and none, of the notes you've stated you like. I find it quite difficult to nail Labdanum down as a description.

Labdanum is warm, balsamic and has strong notes of Vanilla. It's a very sensual smelling note.

Yep, I couldn't decide so they're both on their way! :facepalm:

I was going to say get both!! in the strongest terms, they are two very different fragrances but because I am APR I didn't want to shill my product as I think doing that is a bit crap. You chose well on both counts, they are both excellent Fragrances...mine is probably a bit better though :p

You guys are a bad influence!

@Mark1966 is a terrible enabler, I agree :D