Squadron soap-The Warden

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
IMG_0662_zpsnjmzuh6u.jpg

(Photo credit: Squadron soap https://www.squadronsoap.com.au/)

Hey guys,
yesterday I spent the day watching that darn Auspost tracking in anticipation for this soap, I've been happily sitting in my little world of MWF, Geo F Trumper and a select few others for the past year or so and when I learnt of this company I had to buy some.
I ended up with The Warden scent as per the recommendation on the website and I have to say I'm quite happy I did.
The soap itself is a little harder than your average soft soap but not a lot, on my first shave with it I didn't bloom it and got excellent results, it loads easily and if you load from a dry puck you can fill the bathroom with that almost cologne like scent.
The lather is quite resistant to breaking down and quite thirsty to boot so you end up with a very creamy lather, I'm sure a fluffy peaky lather would also be possible but with this soaps ability to hold water I think a wetter lather will yield the best shave.
I'm quite impressed with this soap, squadron soaps are onto a winning formula for sure.
I'm one shave in with this stuff and will update as I go but so far I'm really enjoying it.

Nice review mate - it is a winning soap IMHO too!

Its also worth mentioning it leaves behind a little scent that lasts about a half hour post shave which is nice.

Squadron make great soaps. I have both the Warden and Spitfire, both great but Spitfire is my favourite. Unfortunately it's not available at the moment, apparently it will be renamed and re-released in the future, worth looking out for.

Squadron make great soaps. I have both the Warden and Spitfire, both great but Spitfire is my favourite. Unfortunately it's not available at the moment, apparently it will be renamed and re-released in the future, worth looking out for.
rest assured I am! That said I'm keen to try other local artisans too

rest assured I am! That said I'm keen to try other local artisans too

Indeed, APR soaps and slash are fantastic and there are others I have not tried. I am considering a policy of only buying Australian software (except for BST)

Indeed, APR soaps and slash are fantastic and there are others I have not tried. I am considering a policy of only buying Australian software (except for BST)
a plausible proposition these days, come a long way in the last few years

That said it's nice to have a puck or two of MWF around.

Second shave with this soap and I got another excellent shave with my aristocrat, I think I may have been mistaken on being able to build a fluffy mess with this stuff, from what I'm seeing it seems to stay more like a slick creamy slop which works beautifully for me, I really prefer that kind of lather especially with straights.

I too am looking forward to the re-release of spitfire soap and will purchase it when available
I'm all for purchasing Aussie products

I love Aussie products, that said I also impose a ceiling for how much I'll pay for something, I don't know why but I can't bring myself to spend more than $20 per puck on soap.
I'm looking to make a good sized purchase next month as I don't have many soaps, that said I should wait for the pass around box so I can try APR... who knows perhaps they are the exception to my rule :)

Just had my first shave with Squadron The Warden this morning and was very impressed too. It took a few seconds to start lathering but when it did it produced a very thick, creamy lather. On the face it's thick, slick and protective. Love the subtle scent, which won't overpower any after shave or cologne. I found it dried just a tiny bit but nothing a dip of the razor under water didn't stop.
Really really impressed with this Aussie soap. I've moved my B&M Cheshire aside for a few shaves to see if it lasts. Go Squadron!