Review Squadron Soap - The Warden

2lc74mg.jpg

After a few test lathers, and a work week's worth of shaves with this soap, I have concluded that it is an excellent product (and I intend to buy the rest of @SchoolForAnts soaps and aftershaves, but that is perhaps a topic for a different thread).

Packaging and appearance

Love the art work, labels appear waterproof. Non-contentious black plastic tub. The soap is pearlescent white and quite soft, not a croap but getting close.

Fragrance

I'm no good at divining, or describing, scents but I get a lot of sweet vanilla and musk behind prominent tobacco notes (with lots of other stuff going on too - not at all one dimensional). Very pleasant and also quite strong. I've seen video reviews which suggest the scent strength is a 4 or 5 but I'd put it at 6 or 7.

Performance

Outstanding. I suspect mine is a young soap as, in addition to being very soft (even for a 100% KoH soap), it is super thirsty (my experience tells me that soap becomes less thirsty as it ages). No issue of course, just add more water!

The lather is dense, slick and has real staying power. The post-shave feel is excellent, no drying sensation and the moisturising properties do not stray into sticky territory. A balm or AS was not necessary for me after using this soap (though the matching AS really adds to the experience - it's very good).

I'm naturally a bit parochial about "Aussie made" and "artisan made", sometimes to the point of pretence, but I really cannot commend this local product highly enough - it is the equal of every soap or cream I have ever used and it is better, indeed far better, than most.

I see no reason for me to ever buy a foreign soap again (and I haven't even engaged with @todras offerings, or the WolfPac products, yet!).

So happy to know you enjoy my products mate, thanks for the review.

The labels on the soap are 'water resistant', and the ones on the aftershave are water-proof. All the soap labels will gradually be upgraded to the water-proof labels as my existing labels run out, which isn't too far off.

Andy