Review Squadron soaps - The Warden

Nonick

Sputniks orbit planet face
Group Buy Associate
free photo hosting

I haven't reviewed a soap in a long time. I believe like Nightguard this is a very professional offering and without doubt the best Aussie soap I've used.

After asking Andy at Squadron Soaps what the closest scent to a 'barbershop' he produced he recommended The Warden. Though this isn't perhaps a barbershop scent depending on your definition.

The tin and artwork are done well but it's my one small beef so far. It's a tallish narrow tin with a slip on lid. Id like to see a low wide mouth tin with a screw top but that said I had no trouble loading soap in this tin. I soaked in warm water for a bit and it's soft enough to load easily from there.

The scent is a fantastically deep old school barbershopy cologne smell (to my nose anyway). I think Andy's nailed it. No one will be passing this on because the scent 'isn't there thing' it's a good middle ground all rounder that should suit a broad base of preference. It's a good strength without being overpowering and i can still smell it after the Myrsol aftershave has faded.

I don't really understand the slickness and glide yada yada but this soap whipped up a mountain of rich creamy lather as good as anything I've used. No dissipation during shaving and face feels good afterwards. What more could I want? A splash please :) (menthol even?)

I'd list this as one of the best soaps I've used (and I've used a number over the years) I can also support a local, get it in a few days and pay domestic postage and have an absolutely top tier (to my mild surprise - even after Nightguards review) artisan soap. I look forward to more seasonal scents being released. This is the first brand to excite me in a while. Well done mate. Right price, right recipe.

Thankyou @Nonick - I'm glad to hear you liked it.

Thanks for your honest feedback on the tin, and I'll admit I have heard similar from one or two other people. I'll research options, however I've not yet come across a screw top tin that I'm happy to package the soap in. Most that I've tried this far have been flimsy, thin and dent easy. It won't be something I can fix just yet, but promise I'll work on it. Ultimately I want to keep my soap at an affordable price for everyone.

Cheers,

Andy