Stainless R41...where's @Stratman?

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
giphy.gif

I'm sure some of you will be all over this one.
https://www.muehle-shaving.co.uk/tr...grande-stainless-steel-safety-razor-open-comb

I'd like one too, but will need to sell a couple of razors first.
Just bought a nice RFB, and it's in the mail to me now (wahoo). If I don't like the RFB (OK, I'm a fussy sod..a razor has to give me the shave I like) then it will hit the BST very quickly.

Ive tried but was stopped because that site blocked me, the don’t accept Australia. UK only.

Free complimentary pair of razor blade cufflinks as well

At $AU200 (today's rate) that pretty much puts this in the expensive razor bracket. Yes, it's SS, but the zamak offerings aren't THAT short-lived (guesstimate ~30 years as it's a quality product), but it doesn't work out economically unless you really are trying to provide for your ungrateful children.

I dunno @Gargravarr as my Muhle R89 developed zamac rot on the cap threads first.
I sent a photo to Muhle to show the problem and asked about buying a new cap. They replied that the photo showed my R89 had the 'old style' cap (whatever that meant).
Muhle then sent me a new cap, so that is great customer service. The 'new' model cap has a more rounded end to the cap screw.
A few months later the dreaded rot was showing on the baseplate...in the hole that the cap screw goes through.
I kept that razor in a nice dry place, always cleaned and dried it. Didn't help.
The dang thing rotted anyway. I bought it new and I declared it dead after not quite 3 years.
That's when I started with stainless, brass, etc razors and have been happy ever since.
I'll be into a stainless R41. I would have bought before but not while they are/were zamac.

Bugger. I hope the guy who bought my R41 has better luck than that, mine was not quite 2 years old when I moved it on.

ive had one around 2 years I think and have no issues with it, handle was way too light so swapped out with a brass yaqi handle..

I’ll be right on a ss r41 soon as the year is over, possibly along with the lupo