Stainless Steel Lupo (72)

Rhinehoth

... and these are a few of my favourite soaps.
I have found this razor to not be as smooth as the DLC Lupo (this is probably due to the larger blade gap on the SS Lupo). I find that The DLC Lupo drags on my face a little, whereas the SS Lupo does not. Thus, I was expecting the SS Lupo to be smoother but to my chagrin it was not. Has anyone else had the same issue? Also, is there a way of removing the DLC treatment (without damaging the razor)?

From what I understand, the only way to remove a DLC coating is to do it mechanically (sanding/grinding). My suggestion would be to try the razor with a few different selections of blades.

I've used the Ali Lupo and the SS .72 Lupo. I found the .72 to be a smoother shaver with minimal drag. Angle could be a reason for your perception of increased drag, as could lather slickness and pressure on the skin. If you haven't already, try a few different variations of pressure, soap, and angle and see how it goes.

Try riding the top cap without any pressure for a while and then change your angle towards steep to the safety bar slightly and not too much.

0KMP1Tc.png

From what I understand, the only way to remove a DLC coating is to do it mechanically (sanding/grinding). My suggestion would be to try the razor with a few different selections of blades.
I used a new feather blade on each razor, as I have found that sharp blades are best for mild razors (for me anyway).

Try riding the top cap without any pressure for a while and then change your angle towards steep to the safety bar slightly and not too much.

0KMP1Tc.png
Tried riding the cap, different angles with the same result - I prefer the Lupo DLC. I’ve been shaving with a DE razor for over 40 years but thanks for the tips anyway.