Stiff brush

ambaal

Hi there, fellows.

I've been kinda wanting to get a stiff brush for a while. Like, really stiff - think of boar and make it stiffer. Probably synthetic too.
Recent foray in YAQI synthetics has been fruitful, but i wonder what's the stiffest ones out there?

You want a stiff brush? This should be right up there -

226c4dc1-b8ae-406e-b99f-b0c217cc27f0.png

Just $1.50 at your local Bunnings - https://www.bunnings.com.au/morgan-palm-dish-brush-with-soap-dispenser_p4480485 :)

I've got a Boar Omega. I trimmed down about .5cm from it for the exact reason you're after, I wanted it stiffer.

It basically sandpapers my face whilst spreading soap

@ambaal may I recommend to get yourself a few brushes below which has a big knot and a short loft height

Omega 10104 Boar 26/55mm knot
Omega 011842 Boar 27/52mm knot
Proraso Professional (Omega) Boar 28/55mm knot they're available all over Australia, if, you know where to look and they're loft is shorter than the Omega 49 & 83 which is stiffer.

Don't get Omega 49 & 83 they're 27/60mm knot

Last edited:
@ambaal Last two posts are my recommended too. Had the Zenith scrubby and too much for me.
Don't know of any synthetics that scrubby, usually way softer as trying to emulate badger and horse.
You could trim a synthetic but I think the tips will be too sharp and scratchy. Whereas you can treat the cut boar tips with very hot water to split them.

Edit: btw if too scrubby it will cause skin irritations, there is a limit YMMV :cool:

Can’t reliably split the tips of a boar brush once it has been trimmed as far as I’m aware.

Out of my collection the proraso brush is my strong recommendation for a stiff brush but with soft tips.

I'd agree with that. The Proraso/Omega 10049 is plenty stiff and the tips soften up nicely. The stiffest synthetic I have tried is the Kent Infinity.