Review Stirling Glacial Obsidian shaving soap - for menthol monkeys only!

crackstar

Da Menth Heads
Here's a soap which can freeze a polar bear out of the North Pole - do I LOVE it!

Ease of lathering: 10/10--Such a pleasure - 20 swirls will bury your face in frigid lather which is so rich!

Longevity of lather: 10/10--You can do a hundred passes! (almost!) Great stability!

General skincare: 10/10--Soothing, very moisturizing, and at the same time savagely cold. I'm wild about this soap!

Scent: 9/10--Wonderful. Black licorice with a menthol punch that could clear your sinuses in seconds.

Price : 10/10--Like all of the Stirling products this soap is almost a steal. Very reasonably-priced.

Would I buy again: 10/10--Do birds fly? Do fish swim? You better believe I would!

Glacial Obsidian has a very similar anise scent to the Stirling Black Ice and it was created by Rod to be an insanely-mentholated version of an already very cold soap. This gentleman added something like five times the amount of menthol to the Black Ice formula and he came out with one hell of a winner. He originally described the Glacial Obsidian as "Like Black Ice on crack" or something like that. The lather is so easy to work up and it's so rich, and slick. The blade glide is so smooth that your blade skates across your face and knocks off even the toughest of beard stubble, like mine. A word of caution - the menthol power of this soap like ALL the Glacial soaps is so intense that by the time you're finished your first pass your face will feel almost like you're getting freezer burn. If you can stand doing another pass then you are a true Menthol Monkey, just like me. One thing I promise is that when you rinse your face and dry it you'll not only feel like there's an air conditioner blowing cold air on you, your skin will feel so smooth, soothed, and like it's born again. What skincare!

Giddy up, might get on board with this, other than Stirling direct where can i get a hold of this bad boy? Menthol, bah, eat if for breakfast.

Pretty sure the glacial stuff is seasonal. Guessing it's still white where Stirling is, so won't be released until later in [their] spring?