Stirling Splash Stockists who ship to Australia

@shavetheman enough interest to make it commercially viable for you?

@shavetheman enough interest to make it commercially viable for you?

I had a telephone conversation with Con about it a few months back, the general gist of it was that the range is too big for him to stock. It would be good if he would reconsider, but I think being mindful of the commercial aspects of the situation is only fair.

Possibly the easiest way to organise this is a coordinated buy through Maggards. Over $150 is free shipping to Australia and they have most of the soaps. They still wont ship splashes though.

By all means some one organise a bulk buy (it's not a group buy until sanctioned) from Maggards but I'm after splashes so that's of no use to me. Getting a surface mail shipment from Stirling direct looks like the best way to go. It's just going to take 3 months to get here is all.

I had a telephone conversation with Con about it a few months back, the general gist of it was that the range is too big for him to stock. It would be good if he would reconsider, but I think being mindful of the commercial aspects of the situation is only fair.

The range is too big? Have you seen PAA's range? Just did a quick check. There are 12 scents (soaps) to a page and 5 pages. That's 60 soaps with their accompanying splashes & blams and then there is Crown King too. @shavetheman stocks that! Stirling has 41 soaps.

As before, there is no need to stock the entire range of Stirling. You will not find the entire PAA range at The Stray Whisker either. I don't see any reason why the most popular scents could be stocked but that is moot if Con is not interested.

My sister tells me there might be a window of oportunity later this month. A friend of hers may be willing to bring me back some splashed with her as he is holidaying in the US. Looks like my only option unless I can convince Stirling to ship via surface. I was trying to get some splashes to my Sister this week as she is in San Francisco but by the time Stirling got back to me (today) it was too late to send.

So I emailed Shipito and asked about shipping "perfumes containing alcohol". I have no idea why I chose to call them perfumes, not aftershaves but same thing as far as freight is concerned. Here is their reply;

Thank you for your email. You can ship perfumes with FedEx and USPS (at your own risk) – we only recommend that you send lower quantities of perfume. Furthermore, we ask that you please double check with your country’s customs office to make sure its not restricted from entering. We will not be held responsible if your country doesn’t accept.

No restrictions here in Aus is there? So long as they get out of the US, there is no reason why they'd get stopped at here?

No restrictions here in Aus is there? So long as they get out of the US, there is no reason why they'd get stopped at here?
That's correct. But make sure it's not labelled as "alcohol". Otherwise you'll have to pay pay taxes here irrespective to the amount. They can be labelled as cologne, aftershaves etc, but not "alcohol".

That's correct. But make sure it's not labelled as "alcohol". Otherwise you'll have to pay pay taxes here irrespective to the amount. They can be labelled as cologne, aftershaves etc, but not "alcohol".

I was trying to think of a description that was both technically accurate (legally) but did not suggest alcohol content.... Balms was suggested but that's not really accurate. "Shave products" is a good as I have gotten so far. Maybe "beauty products".

This "at my own risk" they refer to. Is that my risk that FedEx will refuse the shipment or just that they will not insure against breakages or loss?

I was trying to think of a description that was both technically accurate (legally) but did not suggest alcohol content.... Balms was suggested but that's not really accurate. "Shave products" is a good as I have gotten so far. Maybe "beauty products".
I guess "beauty products" will do the trick.

This "at my own risk" they refer to. Is that my risk that FedEx will refuse the shipment or just that they will not insure against breakages or loss?
At your own risk with USPS, not FedEx. FedEx should accept it anyway. USPS and other government postal services have restrictions because of IATA as they are using passenger aircrafts. Courier companies have their own aircrafts and do not follow IATA rules as far as I know. So USPS might not accept the shipment and in this case you'll have to use FedEx.

At your own risk with USPS, not FedEx. FedEx should accept it anyway. USPS and other government postal services have restrictions because of IATA as they are using passenger aircrafts. Courier companies have their own aircrafts and do not follow IATA rules as far as I know. So USPS might not accept the shipment and in this case you'll have to use FedEx.

Easy then. I'll give that a spin and see how we get on.

I wonder if he would consider doing something similar to Maggards and just keeping a core range?

So I emailed Shipito and asked about shipping "perfumes containing alcohol". I have no idea why I chose to call them perfumes, not aftershaves but same thing as far as freight is concerned. Here is their reply;

No restrictions, although I assume you are not suggesting that the declaration on the goods coming into Australia will be anything less than 100% accurate as we have Commonwealth laws prescribing such things and strictly proscribing others, with fairly harsh penalties for making false customs declarations. Further, we certainly would not want to be discussing such things in a public place, such as on a website such as this :D

No restrictions, although I assume you are not suggesting that the declaration on the goods coming into Australia will be anything less than 100% accurate as we have Commonwealth laws prescribing such things and strictly proscribing others, with fairly harsh penalties for making false customs declarations. Further, we certainly would not want to be discussing such things in a public place, such as on a website such as this :D

YUP - what he said. :)

What you boys and girls do in your own time is up to you but to be clear P&C does not condone any activities which may contravene any Commonwealth or State or Territory laws or the discussion of ways to circumvent those laws or indeed the laws of other countries. I do recall hearing of somebody being stopped on arrival into LAX for something stupid they had done many years previously in the US and had forgotten about. Don't do that to yourselves - it is only shaving.

Please ensure that you are operating within the law and making appropriate disclosures to the carriers of your choice.

I was the one who suggested balms :) I was only passing on what others have told me. it has worked every time.

I however have always used US post to send them as I believe one time I tried to use a courier company they declined to take it from shipitto (something about they don't ship alcohol in any form internationally).

After reading the wise words from @Mark1966 above I think in the future I will just say after shave.

Getting back to Stirling products and @shavetheman stocking them. I am sure Con wishes to stock everything known to man shave wise but the reality is their is only so much stock a business person can have on hand at any one time. Con in my view provides a great shopping experience and we have a lot of products locally available that we never had beforehand. I have been guilty in the past of trying to gently trying to push Con to stock certain brands, I will in the future try to keep out of it.

"Post Shave Treatment"
Legally accurate and excludes the taboo word!

If Con goes ahead with a group buy, I wouldn't be expecting for him to stock their entire range, if at all.

I wonder if he would consider doing something similar to Maggards and just keeping a core range?

Absolutely this would be the way to go, if he stocked 6 to 8 of the most popular with the accompanying splashes and balms that would cover most people.

Absolutely this would be the way to go, if he stocked 6 to 8 of the most popular with the accompanying splashes and balms that would cover most people.
But what about those poor saps who can't handle the glacial range?

But what about those poor saps who can't handle the glacial range?

I don't use any of the mentholated range myself, if that's what you mean.

I use and like Smart Dressed Man, Executive Man, Island Man, Piacenza, Bay Rum, Sandalwood and a couple of others.