Storage Cabinet for Shave Gear

Pbgoose

3lZwLAul.jpg

Sick of tripping over plastic tubs of shaving gear in the bedroom and trying to find clothes amongst razor boxes in the tall boy so time to chuck together another carcass for a wall cabinet. Won't solve the problem (needs to be three times bigger) but hopefully will alleviate the situation. It was just going to be shelves and was made to fit in a wall space between furniture then discovered after nailing and glueing the carcass I had some old kitchen cabinet doors that would've fit if the cabinet was 5mm wider.........so out comes the planer and knock 5mm off the doors. Only two doors would work as I'd already set the height of the shelves so two doors covers the bottom three shelves, each covering one & a half shelves each :), I did say it was a throw together.
Colour mixed the stain to match the cypress doors (same as the EO cabinet I made some months ago) and gave it a hit with laquer tonight (in my pristine dust free spray booth :LOL:). Few more coats then fit the doors.
Total lack of planning in this job. Checked the wall after carcass was built and not a stud in sight.......not sure what I'm hanging it off yet, might be just hollow wall fasteners which normally I'd never do for this weight but still hoping to do a reno soon (relatively) hence the temporary badly planned cabinet.
I'll post another photo when I get the cabinet together.

RC0Z7Yjl.jpg
15rHR5Nl.jpg

QmMCLfwl.jpg

Finally got the final coats of lacquer on last w/e. We've had a lot of wind so I just had to let the project sit for a while.
It came together OK for a project that was terribly planned. The old doors are slightly warped but fit well enough for this purpose.
Had to move the writing desk over 50mm so I could locate the stud for fastening on one side and there was a noggin half way up the wall so was able to get one tec screw in the other side. Could probably climb it safely now.
Now I've just got to work out how to best utilise the space. I did a rough pack to trial usage of space but I'm going to have to do better as I've only managed to ditch one plastic tub so far.:facepalm:
I think razors are going to have to come out and fill bottom shelf with shave soap and top shelf might have to be books as there's no door. I can make better use of the AS shelf by putting spice rack style steps in.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RC0Z7Yjl.jpg
15rHR5Nl.jpg

QmMCLfwl.jpg

Finally got the final coats of lacquer on last w/e. We've had a lot of wind so I just had to let the project sit for a while.
It came together OK for a project that was terribly planned. The old doors are slightly warped but fit well enough for this purpose.
Had to move the writing desk over 50mm so I could locate the stud for fastening on one side and there was a noggin half way up the wall so was able to get one tec screw in the other side. Could probably climb it safely now.
Now I've just got to work out how to best utilise the space. I did a rough pack to trial usage of space but I'm going to have to do better as I've only managed to ditch one plastic tub so far.:facepalm:
I think razors are going to have to come out and fill bottom shelf with shave soap and top shelf might have to be books as there's no door. I can make better use of the AS shelf by putting spice rack style steps in.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
How many you have in stock and how much? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

RC0Z7Yjl.jpg
15rHR5Nl.jpg

QmMCLfwl.jpg

Looks fantastic!!

I'll have to see if I can buy something similar as my shaving stuff has taken over my wardrobe.

Thanks Nav.
What I did notice is that there is a lot to be said for side labeling on shave soap tubs so you can identify them when they are stacked.:)

Absolutely!
Prior to my current rotation method, side labels were very handy. I made some side labels with my label maker for soaps that were in generic containers.

My current rotation method doesn't require labels...I just pick-up the next soap in the line-up without needing to see which soap it is. I prefer this method as choosing a soap to use out of 120 was becoming a chore haha