Stronger scents

CraigE

Hi everyone,

I have started making stronger scented soaps. At the moment I have a stronger Strawberry Patch and a stronger Vetiver.
These will be in addition to the already low irritant shave soaps. They are still made with Essential Oils and may not affect some people, but if you react to fragrances I suggest taking caution.

When on the site now you will have 2 options when selecting the soaps that have both strengths. Hopefully this will help with the people who like their scent a little stronger.

Happy Shaving everyone.

Craig

That's an interesting approach, hope it works out. Now all I need is a XXXX-strength pure lavender scent, and my life will be complete. :D

Just add your own essential oil to the soap. Unfortunately lavender is one of the essential oils which some people are sensitive too in strong concentration.

That's an interesting approach, hope it works out. Now all I need is a XXXX-strength pure lavender scent, and my life will be complete. :D
It's an approach that took a bit of thinking. As you know the reason I started this venture was for my own sensitive skin, but the support I have received over the past 8 months has been amazing to say the least, and there are a lot of people out there that like strong scents.

To be able to keep Blue Devil viable for the future I needed to offer up something that my customer base have been asking for. My initial thought was to have a seperate line of soaps that cover the rest of the market, how ever this would have been costly. My other consideration was making small scent vials to add to every order so customers could add their desired strength to the lather, but this option opened up too many potential issues.

I am committed to to making Blue Devil Shave Co. a customer focused brand.

I wish @CraigE continued success growing his business and will be sure to add some soap/s in an upcoming purchase as the samples I tested performed as good as pricier options from the big players. (y)
Not sure I'll be aiming for stronger scents myself but always down for added menthol... :cool:

Let’s hope Blue Devil last throughout the future, otherwise, they’ll crash and never return like other’s Aussie shaving soap maker’s which are Shaver Heaven’s, Australian Private Reserve and Wolfpac Shaving are gone done and dust.
That would be my hope too. I can understand how these companies may have crashed, it is a struggle to make sure that the brand is forever evolving enough to keep customers interested.
I will continue to add products to my site as I go along, both Blue Devil and others. In the new year there will be matching brush/bowl/razor sets in the Tasmanian Timber Range.
Still working on getting the balms released to match the soaps.

That would be my hope too. I can understand how these companies may have crashed, it is a struggle to make sure that the brand is forever evolving enough to keep customers interested.
I will continue to add products to my site as I go along, both Blue Devil and others. In the new year there will be matching brush/bowl/razor sets in the Tasmanian Timber Range.
Still working on getting the balms released to match the soaps.

If you can somehow get hold of @todras ( Dan) from APR to develop or collaborate a fragrance in your soap base, that would be one hell of an EPIC soap. :)

It's an approach that took a bit of thinking. As you know the reason I started this venture was for my own sensitive skin, but the support I have received over the past 8 months has been amazing to say the least, and there are a lot of people out there that like strong scents.

To be able to keep Blue Devil viable for the future I needed to offer up something that my customer base have been asking for. My initial thought was to have a seperate line of soaps that cover the rest of the market, how ever this would have been costly. My other consideration was making small scent vials to add to every order so customers could add their desired strength to the lather, but this option opened up too many potential issues.

I am committed to to making Blue Devil Shave Co. a customer focused brand.
I'm sure I can speak for all of us in saying we all really appreciate what you are doing. It does sound like you're going to be committed to a whole lot of work, so I hope you've factored in a way to give yourself enough time to take a breather when you need it.

I'm so impressed with the quality of the Blue Devil and Squadron soaps that I've decided that I'm only going to buy from local producers in the future. Hopefully, my small contribution will help ensure their continued success. Restricting myself to only a few producers will also allow me to really get to know a soap so that I can get the best out of it all the time. For a while, I was trying a different soap every shave and I found that I was getting some average shaves as the lather I was producing wasn't as good as it could have been. I like strong scents and I've never noticed any skin sensitivity, so I'll be buying some of the new range as soon as I can afford to.

I'm so impressed with the quality of the Blue Devil and Squadron soaps that I've decided that I'm only going to buy from local producers in the future. Hopefully, my small contribution will help ensure their continued success. Restricting myself to only a few producers will also allow me to really get to know a soap so that I can get the best out of it all the time. For a while, I was trying a different soap every shave and I found that I was getting some average shaves as the lather I was producing wasn't as good as it could have been. I like strong scents and I've never noticed any skin sensitivity, so I'll be buying some of the new range as soon as I can afford to.
Every little bit helps mate. I can only speak for myself but I am sure Squadron would be greatful to be on your list.
I only have 2 brands of soap in my den, 1 being Blue Devil of course and the other Squadron, they were the one soap that I did find appropriate for my skin prior to my own formulation.
It's a great honour to be able to bring another Australian soap into the market and to be supported as much as I have been by this group and a few others.
I have no intention of changing the formula, but once I get a few more things sorted I am looking forward to creating new and exciting scents.
Thank you and all of Paste & Cut for the tremendous support.

Agreed, ive begun the same for my den the scents they both have cover near on everything id like or need

Nice soap Craig. I only have Lust (so far) but I'm busy powering through older soaps to make room for more of yours.
Just finished the Shannons soap I bought a while ago, plus nearly finished the Arlington (geez...that's a soap that lasts and lasts and lasts and...well it's taken a lot of work to wear it down).
So yeah, even some of us Kiwis are liking your offerings, and supporting you.
Hmmm, maybe a Kiwifruit scent next? :unsure:

Nice soap Craig. I only have Lust (so far) but I'm busy powering through older soaps to make room for more of yours.
Just finished the Shannons soap I bought a while ago, plus nearly finished the Arlington (geez...that's a soap that lasts and lasts and lasts and...well it's taken a lot of work to wear it down).
So yeah, even some of us Kiwis are liking your offerings, and supporting you.
Hmmm, maybe a Kiwifruit scent next? :unsure:
It certainly takes a while to get through them, most people have quite a collection going.
I am glad you like Blue Devil. Lust was one I thought would never sell, it was a soap I made my for my wife and I put the rest up on the groups, the very next day I was putting down another batch to keep up.
Kiwi is an interesting thought, not sure it is a strong scents though....

plus nearly finished the Arlington (geez...that's a soap that lasts and lasts and lasts and...well it's taken a lot of work to wear it down).
Is that the same Arlington you added patchouli to last year? :eek:

If so, I'm not surprised it's taking you this long to use it up... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'm sure I can speak for all of us in saying we all really appreciate what you are doing. It does sound like you're going to be committed to a whole lot of work, so I hope you've factored in a way to give yourself enough time to take a breather when you need it.
Thank you for your concern. I do have plans in place for when things get busy.
I have also found ways to manage multi batches in an easy to handle time frame to make things a little easier.
Time will tell how far Blue Devil Shave Co. goes, but for the moment I am ready for what's to come.