suggest a shave

pablo_h

Forum is pretty quiet, so lets play suggest a shave!
I've got most razors bar fancy aristocrats and any modern razors. IE got vintage razors mostly, and I no $$$$ collectables, but everything from an 'old' single ring and ball end to a 1970s tech so all the regular open combs techs and superspeeds, fat boy slim, super slim, plus common USA 1940s aristocrat, ie the under $20 razors. As well as the older main GEM SEs, 1900, heaps of 1912 - damaskeene, vanilla, travel, older revisions of them. Plus 1914, 1924, the MM).
For brushes I have in boars: men U, a cheap kent boar, a 1305, a SOC. Badger: EJ BBB

Soaps: T&H luxury, eshave lavender, tabac, MWF, proraso

For blades: GEM SE blades, feathers, BICs, astra, israelis, red pack personna, GBEs, iridium supers, 7 o/clock greens, WS germany, KAIs, dorcos and treet plats.

Not saying all this to show off, just using this as a gauge to tell how much you may hate me based on the combos you suggest :) Some combos I will not do because I know it's suggested just through spite. ;)

edit: Found 2 7 o'clock gillette yellow blades and a merkur 23C razor.
If anyone comes up with a combo I have I'll photograph the shave of the day. Might be hit and miss for replies sometimes, but like I said I don't want to list every razor I have or have crazy suggestions that I know don't work.
But even if there's one off base reply each day, that's more posts that this forum is getting lately...

Last edited:
ok, just get some activity going;
MM with treet blade
1305 with eshave lavendar. (just because i hate lavendar scents)

An open comb Micromatic with a carbon steel blade and lavender shaving cream! Why do you hate him so much Spyne?

ok, just get some activity going;
MM with treet blade
1305 with eshave lavendar. (just because i hate lavendar scents)

An open comb Micromatic with a carbon steel blade and lavender shaving cream! Why do you hate him so much Spyne?

Are the treets painted black? If so I have some, used only once!

Pjotr: Are you putting words into his mouth? He didn't say OC MM at least! :amazed:

If I follow through I may just make the first post in "the doctors office".
Title: "Help I'm bleeding and it just won't stop - also I smell of lavender too- can't remember what happened after the first 6 straight rums and beer chasers"

Last edited:
The nurses in the emergency department will love how you smell. Better than the bourbon and coke piss heads they normally have to deal with. They'll enjoy giving you blood rather than resenting it.

I saw this thread as a "give me a challenge"...
I couldn't very well have given a nice combo such as;
susperspeed (pick your year), red israeli, Proraso, 1305...where's the fun in that?!

Plus, I REALLY hate lavendar scents, so someone else might as well use them.

UlrNI.jpg

8hCXh.jpg

xcWy5.jpg

BxCwq.jpg

Nice collage there pablo-h. So it didn't go well I take it. Oh well, were the nurses nice?

Nah, didn't follow through with it.
Started this thread for some forum content, and because I was due for a change anyway.
But malice was detected from spyne, the hint "lavender, because I hate lavender" was evident.
So I just switched from the feather in a ball end tech to a GBE in a 1940s USA aristocrat, because I haven't used the blade for months or the razor for years.
I also went from the dodgey cheap boar Kent brush monsta likes so much, to a 1305 and kept with the MWF soap.

Last edited:
I'd happily suggest a shave combo except I haven't an idea of most of the stuff you have listed, I know a bit about the blades but hardly a thing about the razors themselves. I seem to have dodged a razor obsession for now.

I'm sure Drubbing and Monsta and PJ will cure me of that lack of obsession though.

I'd happily suggest a shave combo except I haven't an idea of most of the stuff you have listed, I know a bit about the blades but hardly a thing about the razors themselves. I seem to have dodged a razor obsession for now.

I'm sure Drubbing and Monsta and PJ will cure me of that lack of obsession though.

We can only try. Although he's tried a few I don't think Drubbing's particularly razor crazy. Might yet convert him to SEs but who knows. He is a soap/cream fiend though. A few months ago I had the what can only be described as the pits of available Australian soaps and creams for a grand total of 2 and now, excluding my original stash, I've got 12 of the bloody things, 13 by the time I get another softie in my letter box and more than enough for 3 years worth of shaving. And I'm still looking at other ones.

Maybe I should start shaving other things to create a higher usage rate which will allow me to seriously start buying soaps. The dog for instance. He's got way too much hair and we're always vacuuming it up anyhow. Let's just short circuit the process and get rid of it at source.