Summer drinks

Rami

2017 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
now that the temps are starting to heat up I am looking to summer drinks. Not a beer person.

So what are you drinking?

I cannot believe your still on Sabbatical and still haven't broken the barrier, normally my summer drink is just water and green tea nothing else. Sometimes I still have my scotch whisky :sneaky: during the summer seasons

For me it is generally water. Occasionally rum might substitute, if I know I'm not driving anywhere.

Tonight I started a cold brew coffee (East Timor), and will see what that is like for breakfast tomorrow. If it is palatable, I might be tempted to thin it with rum tomorrow afternoon...

For the (original) Star Wars fans, here is the recipe for a Ruby Bliels - the drink of choice for one Lando Calrissian:

2 measures of Gin
1 measure of Vodka
1/2 measure of Grenadine

Shake with ice in a shaker
Add to Martini glass, and top with soda water. Cherry garnish optional.

Quite sweet thanks to the Grenadine, but will give a good buzz all the same. Nice in summer, as it is definitely a cold drink.

I cannot believe your still on Sabbatical and still haven't broken the barrier, normally my summer drink is just water and green tea nothing else. Sometimes I still have my scotch whisky :sneaky: during the summer seasons
It's getting really really hard. But I am over the worst of it now.

I have been drinking Daiquiris (not the frozen kind) all weekend. Absolutely my favourite cocktail of the summer - 2oz White Rum (I like El Dorado) Juice of 1 lime, 1/2 oz of simple syrup - shaken with plenty of ice and strained into a chilled coup glass. Lime twist over the top. Sensational.

I'm also a fan of an Americano for a lighter drink - 1 shot Campari 1 shot Red Vermouth (Dolin or Carpa Antica) stirred in a highball glass over plenty of ice. Top with soda and garnish with an orange slice. And don't get me started on a Tom Collins.

1. Water (mix my supps with it too)
2. Pocari sweat (a habit I picked up in Japan, I love it)
3. Whiskey
4. Gin and tonic
This is true year round.
That said I might try some highballs this year

Summer brings along the change from darker heavier beers to the lighter easier drinking beers for me. Usually stick to saisons, berlinner Weiss and lighter lagers for the warm weather. If i get sick of beer i will drink g+t's or spiced rum with mint and coconut water or even a nice rose on occasion.

More recently for me summer has brought rum and ice into the mix.