alfredus

Auctioneer-in-Chief + organises many group buys
Staff member
Site Moderator
State Convenor - SA
Grand Society
Group Buy Caporegime
Charity Auction Team
@khun_diddy , @bald as and myself have agreed on a time and day - looking very much forward to this, as it has been now 4 weeks since the last one!

When: 2pm
Where: Becco corner Osmond Terrace and The Parade in Norwood

Everybody from near and far is of course welcome!!!

Hope to see you soon (y)

Just another reminder to any Adelaide wet shavers. Look for us sitting outside [on chairs - not on the footpath]. PM me for a mobile phone number so you can ring when you get to the coffee shop [see @alfredus post above for directions].

Steve

I have advertised this on TOG (The Older Gamers), so you might get an unannounced roll-up or two.

Thanks - :) I think :)

Just had a look at TOG and that is a big forum.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's massive. Mostly slightly older guys, you have to be 25+ to join. It's a more mature gaming community - most of us are over the 13 year olds screaming into the game comms.

There is some interest in wet shaving over there, so I will continue to fly the flag to try and gain some interest.

Would be great if we could welcome some new face(s)!

Guys, I may be 20-30 mins late today. I also have a cold coming on so I won't be able to stay long.

Thanks for the great meet-up and really hope you will get better soon @khun_diddy !!!

Was good to see everyone again. I'm really looking forward to trying some of the Euro soap that @alfredus brought back!

Feeling really shithouse now...

Take 1000mg of Vit C morning & night, plus garlic tablets, and also Echinacea. Your cold will be gone is about 3 days.

I am only on my normal maintenance multi at the moment but if I start feeling sore or sniffly, straight onto the C, Garlic & Echinacea.

Absolutely agree! I take 1000mg Vit C first thing in the morning every day!

Add Vit D to that list, as most of us a deficient.

Take 1000mg of Vit C morning & night, plus garlic tablets, and also Echinacea. Your cold will be gone is about 3 days.

I am only on my normal maintenance multi at the moment but if I start feeling sore or sniffly, straight onto the C, Garlic & Echinacea.

Absolutely agree! I take 1000mg Vit C first thing in the morning every day!

Another vote for the C with the added garlic. Works wonders for me too.

Thanks for the great meet-up and really hope you will get better soon @khun_diddy !!!
Was good to see everyone again. I'm really looking forward to trying some of the Euro soap that @alfredus brought back!

Feeling really shithouse now...

Great afternoon meet up. They actually always are. The generosity of @alfredus with the soap he brought back with him from Europe is great. Tried a test lather with the Haslinger he gave me and it is really excellent. @khun_diddy was under the weather but passed on the Vie Long Boar/Horse brush provided as a pass around by @alfredus .

Report to follow.

Steve

Speak for yourself. Too much of it up here
How often are you outside and do you wear sunblock of some type ?
It may be the case that you actually are deficient too mate.

Couple of hours or more most days, and stupidly no I don't often remember to wear sun cream

According to Vic.gov.au health website all you need is
A few minutes of mid-morning or mid-afternoon sun exposure to the face, arms and hands (or equivalent area of skin) most days of the week between Sept and April.
And
Approximately two to three hours of midday sun exposure to the face, arms and hands (or equivalent area of skin) spread across the week the rest of the year
And that's for one of the southernmost states. Up north I would be in the top category all year round.

Doesn't sound very hard to me to get that much exposure. I go for a 30 minute walk most lunchtimes.