MEL Sunday, 28 June - Meet up of the Melbourne Clan

Lifes a Peach

...or a mango. But definitely a fruit.
2016 Sabbatical
Charity Auction Team
A call out to the Melbourne members of P&C to join us for lunch and coffee. Don't miss the inaugural Melbourne Chapter meet-up.

Sunday, 28 June from 12:30pm
+39 Pizzeria, 362 Little Bourke Street, Melbourne
(coincidently a block away from Mensbiz)

The pizzeria is located 2 blocks from Flinders Street Station. Great Italian food and cheap :)

@Anthony from Shaver Heaven, @Draco Noir, @StueyB, and myself along with a couple of lads from the Shave The Man forum are starters.

RSVP by 20 June so that a table can be booked

We'd love to see all of the Melbourne Paste & Cut boys there.

Tomorrow I am going to book a table at +39 Pizzeria. The following P&C members have let me know that they are coming:

@Draco Noir , @StueyB , @Anthony , @Young Buck , and yours truly. We have another 4 guys from the Shave The Man group.

To our other Melbourne members - please let me know today if you're available to make it.

I'll save a seat for @alfredus in case he changes his mind :) It's only an 800km drive from Adelaide.

Sorry guys can't make your official get together but I will be in Melbourne the Saturday after.
If anyone would like to meet for a chat and a beer, around 1:00ish let me know, hoping a couple of guys from the facebook forums can make it as well.
Cheers

Would have loved to be there - but have to take care of all the lovely trades people who are at the moment preparing my home for my move-in...

Hi all
have a great time at the Melb meet would love to make it but
I owe I owe its off to work I go,back to sea for 4 weeks or so
hope to cya all in near future
cheers

Hello Fellow Melbournites

+39 Pizzeria has been booked. It is important that you arrive a few minutes before 12.30 as they appear to have a strict table set time. One of the hassles of being a popular and cheap Italian eatery. We can mosey on down to a relaxed coffee joint after lunch where we can spend more time chatting and getting to know each other.

We may have one more P&C member joining us, along with 4 members of the Shave The Man group. It should be a really good day.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

I'm sure that @Lifes a Peach is too much a a gentlemen to say so BUT ...

... having organised a few events in my time (and being nearly 50 so a cranky old bugger) I can say that is it is really poor form if you say you are going to show and don't. A text message 5 minutes before starting time is no good either.

If you have indicated you are going - be there on time. If you have changed your mind - tell him now. Don't &^%@#$&@# him around on the day please - it is a PITA.

[/rant]

Last edited:
Hope you guys have a great time!!!

Huge thanks for @Lifes a Peach for organizing todays meet-up.

Great little restaurant and a great bunch of guys.

@Lifes a Peach also organised a give away contest where we had to guess the scent of the mystery object.

Thanks to to @Anthony for bringing along some samples and blades for us. Also Con from Shave the Man facebook group shared some blades.
The Shaver Heaven Green Tobacco AS balm smells great and is on my shopping list now. Come on payday (y)

Working on a few more balms
emoji6.png
Work on the alcohol A/S's @Anthony . We can't fly the good ones in so we need them locally produced. You're soaps are the equal or better of the imported "name brands" so I know your A/S's will be up there.

Twas a great meeting of the Melbourne Compadres. Non-stop chatter and laughter made for an enjoyable afternoon. The Pizzas were bigger than our bellies but we were up to the task.

My thanks to @Draco Noir , @StueyB , @Anthony , and @Young Buck for making the inaugural meet up such a laid back and fun event. The three gents from Shave The Man, Nils (Uncle), Wok, and Kon are a swell bunch of guys as well. It was like we had known each other for a long time.

Looking forward to the next time that we touch base.

+1 thanks to @Lifes a Peach, for organising such a wonderful get together. Let's hope it's the first of many. Also great to see that we'll have a few more of the guys next time round.

It was such an enjoyable experience being able to talk about shaving for hours and not have anybody look at you as though you had lost the plot ;)