Sunglasses

Drubbing

110% Smiley-Free
Clearly, a lot of you blokes just can't stop buying stuff. Given most us live it the Pterygium capital of the world, surely you've got some sunnies?

I've had a rummage and found I've got a good few lying around.

Oakley 5's with prescriptions. Use these for driving.

21_1_17.jpg

Oakley Tightrope, for smart and general wear.

313Vnb5m3gL.jpg

Oakley half jacket with 3 changeable lenses. For golf. Had them for about 12+ years and they're still good. My fave lenses are a bit scratched, but there's nothing better to kill glare on the course.
Oakley something or other radical wraps - all beat up. Gardening n shit.

I've had a thing for Oakleys - mostly they have cool styles that come in some smaller frames. I can't stand sunnies that don't fit and I've a small noggin.

I fancy a pair or Ray Bans for summer, and the 4075 is a smart wrap that is around $120. Most places are only selling the polarised so I need to hunt a bit, I don't spend $350+ on sunnies. I don't 'get' the polarised thing anyway, doesn't seem to offer any benefit over a good quality lens with a high sun factor.

Attachments

• None_None_OO9128-04_None_Oakley_BrownSmokeTungstenIridiumPolarized_Ten_Sunglasses_0--eda5a-M.jpg
    None_None_OO9128-04_None_Oakley_BrownSmokeTungstenIridiumPolarized_Ten_Sunglasses_0--eda5a-M.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 8
Maui Jims here. As polarised as they get (if you do any fishing you'll know why) and way too expensive to mention. Look after them like they're a body part. Used to be a Ray Ban fan but I think their quality has gone downhill the last couple of years. Everybody in Europe wears them (or cheap Asian knock offs) but without any decent sunshine to speak of what would they know.

For all you non Perthians here, Kailis Bros is a gigantic fish and chip shop (they do attempt to do other stuff but that's about it really) on the Fremantle water front. Fishing, not fish and chips. You can actually see in to the water column a bit better with polarised sunnies.

For all you non Perthians here, Kailis Bros is a gigantic fish and chip shop (they do attempt to do other stuff but that's about it really) on the Fremantle water front. Fishing, not fish and chips. You can actually see in to the water column a bit better with polarised sunnies.

Oh!

So you mean here and not here

The only time I'd seen that name Kailis is in the Qantas mag I think!

Yeah, they also do pearls. Same mob I'm sure. Mind you, had to put my sunnies on when Natalie appeared.

Well, I bagged some Ray Ban POLARISED wraps from OS. I do support local where I can, but paying $350 for sunnies is a joke. I decide to go with polars after reading up on the benefits, and given the savings, thought they were worth a go. Site I got them from in Italy shipped on Monday and I got em Friday. Too good.

Absolutely shit on my Oakley's for glare-kill - happy to admit I was wrong. Nothing wrong with the Oakley lenses, they're very clear and durable, but I think it's more to do with the bronze colour of the Tightropes - everything looks bronzed and sunny, and highlights glare if anything. My Px lenses in my 5s are better. Oakley Iridium lenses are good too, but they reduce glare by being darker, and that's not always good for golf or driving, or looking cool in Kailis Bros.

I got RB4075 cos they're very, very similar to some Morrissey ones (probably a RB rip off) the wife had, and I used occasionally, as they were a good fit and shape for me. But the lenses in them were really shite, I could tell when comparing them to any of my others. Not a scratch on them, but the clarity was terrible.

I'm due a new pair of sunnies. Do you mind sharing where you got them from.

I'm yet to decide what I will buy, but am seriously thinking glass lenses, and polarised.

I'm due a new pair of sunnies. Do you mind sharing where you got them from.

I'm yet to decide what I will buy, but am seriously thinking glass lenses, and polarised.

I always go for glass lenses. Yes, they're more prone to breaking and getting cracks but far more scratch resistant and plastic lenses just seem to collect shit.

I got mine from Otticanet. Very quick and a big range. Prices are fair and usually a bit below US retail, with cheap Fedex postage. cheap prices send off alarm bells, but i asked around about this site and got good feedback.

So the $20 pair from BigW I got ten years ago I should replace?

So the $20 pair from BigW I got ten years ago I should replace?

If you wish to post in this thread then yes. And you should start collecting them too. Come on Mark you know you want to.

I'm a Maui Jim fan. Their lenses are as good as any of the top of range makes and, this is what sets them apart from any other maker that I know of, you can get spare parts, some of them (the nose bridge rubber bits) for free. Have got two ten year old models and have had the lenses replaced on both of them. Try and do that with Ray Bans and you basically get laughed at.

I've just had my eyes tested again and ordered new glasses, including prescription sunnies.

This time round I got a pair of Quicksilver frames. Somewhat cool.

Anybody tried this place - prices seem too good to be true ...

Of course it is. Those prices have fake written all over them. I like how every single RB on there is $26.66, regardless of style or materials.

I've used Otticanet in Italy for Ray Bans, and recently the mrs got some Tom Ford's. All legit. About half Aus prices, and $20% lower than european prices, because they're online.

Their postage is unbelievable, They use FedEx and the mrs sunnies took 4 days. I've ordered stuff over East and still waiting longer than that for them.

If you wish to post in this thread then yes. And you should start collecting them too. Come on Mark you know you want to.

I'm a Maui Jim fan. Their lenses are as good as any of the top of range makes and, this is what sets them apart from any other maker that I know of, you can get spare parts, some of them (the nose bridge rubber bits) for free. Have got two ten year old models and have had the lenses replaced on both of them. Try and do that with Ray Bans and you basically get laughed at.
Bah, they're positively vintage in the sunnie arena.
He's working the retro side of them ;)

As for Ray Ban, try OPSM, I've 2x spare sets of lenses for mine :)

I'm a Serengeti guy. Didn't mean to be but finally found a pair of sunnies that suited my unsuitable head a couple of years back - bought duty-free OS. As a bonus the glass is glass (hate plastic lenses) and they are polarised as well as transitioning (seems to become darker when the light is brighter). I have found nothing more comfortable to wear - esp. for driving - ever!!! Having said that they aren't as comfortable to sit on. Found that out the hard way only yesterday. Suffice it to say I'm:
a) livid, and
b) in the market for a new pair of sunnies.

Having shopped around they won't be Serengeti again - well not from onshore that's for certain.