Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
I was shopping in the local Woolies today and blame @lerenau and @Kaeckerut for this -

Obviously raided the shelf to try and get their 'Grand Society' banner.

Then my eye was caught by this claim -

Interesting that carts are available in budget packs now, and this claim is very interesting. What does the fine print say? -

One month!

One month per cartridge!

WOW, no wonder those shaves were rubbish.

So glad I'm saving money with DE now ...

I was shopping in the local Woolies today and blame @lerenau and @Kaeckerut for this -

Well, it wasn't me. But I would totally buy them at that price.
Although. Now that I think about it. It's probably $1.40 PER BLADE. Not per pack. So, maybe not.
That kind of money makes Kais look crazy-cheap. :eek:

Then my eye was caught by this claim -

There's no way that's 8 months of shaving!! 8 weeks, tops. :mad:

"Exaggerated" claims is how Advertisng Agencies make their money. After all, those blades could last eight months "based on shaving frequency and shaves per cartridge"!
Well, maybe we're judging them too harshly.
If you were to remove each blade from the cartridges and use them individually, you might just achieve that claim.
Think of it as using the world's smallest kamisori. :LOL:

Lies, damn lies and stats. That shaving frequency has to taken from a study of today's bearded and designer stubble hipsters who probably only break out a cart for tidying and shaping duties.

That said, I was caught short recently and needed to buy a pack of twin blade disposables. They shave very well, certainly way better than any cart. But the plastic flimsiness of them was off putting. I think they'd do a good weeks worth of shaving, which makes them a reasonable buy, in mass market terms. A far better proposition than carts, which is a high consumer cost/profit model for gillette. There's a reason they put all their marketing budget into them and pay Federer et al to flog them.

One month!

One month per cartridge!

WOW, no wonder those shaves were rubbish.

So glad I'm saving money with DE now ...
Pre finding this place I was using Mach 3's and often had a cart last me a couple of months. Admittedly I didn't shave as often, but would only do one pass.
The blades are so bad when new, they can't degrade over time!

Pre finding this place I was using Mach 3's and often had a cart last me a couple of months. Admittedly I didn't shave as often, but would only do one pass.
The blades are so bad when new, they can't degrade over time!

I am on your range too, but with a couple of passes with at least 4-5 shaves / week (not strong or rapid growth beard anyway). Also, La Toja in stick would last me almost a year.
Certainly quite below my minimum shaving standards right now xD