surprise razor finds

chilliman64

... bring the fattened calf and kill it.
about four years ago I was checking out shaving gear on gumtree and noticed a seller had listed a small selection of razors, the lot for under $100. the pics highlghted a Valet Autostrop that was in pretty good nick and a couple of schick injectors but I noticed in a few of the pics what looked to be a toggle hidden from full view. long story short I raced over to his house and couldn't get my money out quick enough.

it turned out to be in pretty good nick, talk about a bargain! :LOL:

anyone else unexpectedly stumble over a really great bargain?

about four years ago I was checking out shaving gear on gumtree and noticed a seller had listed a small selection of razors, the lot for under $100. the pics highlghted a Valet Autostrop that was in pretty good nick and a couple of schick injectors but I noticed in a few of the pics what looked to be a toggle hidden from full view. long story short I raced over to his house and couldn't get my money out quick enough.

it turned out to be in pretty good nick, talk about a bargain! :LOL:

anyone else unexpectedly stumble over a really great bargain?
I'm going to have to request a picture of the haul for verification purposes ;)

I stumbled across my fiancee's late grandfather's Gillette New #77 recently if that counts. Also picked up a Gillette Tech with the aluminium handle for $8 the other day

I picked up a Thiers Issard razor from the NT delivered for $90. It had a few spots on the blade & was dull, but that took 30 mins of work :)
aM0TZrp.jpg

A lobster for a #4 Gillette traveler set with Gillette popular razor. A very rare set indeed, only a handful out there apparently. eBay BIN and bought 3 mins after listing. Right place right time.
Can you share pics?
As for my collection, almost all my vintage have been either eBay or in the wild, with some spectacular in the wild catches like the toggles (which I loaned one as a pass-a-round here so folks knew if pursuing one for use was worth the coin).