SYD Sydney January Meetup - Saturday 20th January 2018 - 1.30 - 3.30pm

I'm definitely out guys, catch up with you down the track :)

@borked will hopefully be there with child however (if it sleeps) as other half has hair appointment they forgot about o_O
Still awaiting on Maggards and blade order from last year so won't be trading blades today.
New soaps & razor still on for show and tell.

@borked will hopefully be there with child however (if it sleeps) as other half has hair appointment they forgot about o_O
Still awaiting on Maggards and blade order from last year so won't be trading blades today.
New soaps & razor still on for show and tell.
I was asking @borked where his kid was...now I see where I got that idea from :) Great to catch up with you all...apologies if I had to run out as the wifey was already waiting downstairs, @RustyBlade!

Well it was a good show up today, and while the couple of pieces we were hoping for didn't quite make it, there was plenty to sniff and @borked had plenty of hardware pron to look at. I did bring along my bottle of 'borked' for those that did not make it last month to sniff (and try a bit too). We also had a couple of guys at the end drop in and wanted to see what it was all about. Hopefully a couple of new signups coming soon.

Pick of the soaps for me was the Wholly Kaw 'King of Oud' brought along by @RustyBlade - really nice scent to that, masculine but slightly fresh florals as well. Also high marks for the WK 'Merchant of Tobacco' with prominent chocloate/cocoa notes would be a great pairing with l'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme.

Thanks all. Fascinating as usual and good company as well.

Special thanks to borked for leading me into temptation with the trade for the Gillette Tech. Been fighting the urge for vintage razors, but not really all that sad to have lost the fight. :sneaky:

Pick of the soaps for me was the Wholly Kaw 'King of Oud' brought along by @RustyBlade - really nice scent to that, masculine but slightly fresh florals as well. Also high marks for the WK 'Merchant of Tobacco' with prominent chocloate/cocoa notes would be a great pairing with l'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme.

I told Sri about the experience of people with his soaps, and have given him a link to this thread. I would have loved to have smelled those soaps too, WK does some solid fragrance work :)

I was stuck in front of my two digital scales, vials, bottles with drams lined up as I prepared one of the Winter fragrances, it took me almost 5 hours (with no AC due to the effect it has on compounds) but I now have 1.5kg of perfume. And in even more interesting news, the design for the P&C exclusive was finalised today...If you like Islay malt, tobacco leaf and flower with two kinds of rich leather I am confident you will like this ;)

Really hoping I can make it next month chaps!

Last edited:
I told Sri about the experience of people with his soaps, and have given him a link to this thread. I would have loved to have smelled those soaps too, WK does some solid fragrance work :)

I was stuck in front of my two digital scales, vials, bottles with drams lined up as I prepared one of the Winter fragrances, it took me almost 5 hours (with no AC due to the effect it has on compounds) but I now have 1.5kg of perfume. And in even more interesting news, the design for the P&C exclusive was finalised today...If you like Islay malt, tobacco leaf and flower with two kinds of rich leather I am confident you will like this ;)

Really hoping I can make it next month chaps!
Righto.. might need to talk to the missus about my bday present this year.

You also missed the Tallow & Steel soaps which I think are awesome but I was the only one. When they are lathered I think I'll be awestruck as the scent off the puck is strong.

Off to get a whiskey/whisky on the rocks now. Probably a blend too.

Oh the Borked was really nice :love: (put your hand down @borked)

Great to catch up and check out some amazing soaps and razors as usual. @Monsta_AU needs some business cards to hand out to the "walk ins" ... (y)

What? You DON'T have business cards?

A good meet up.
Glad to reunite @the_shaving_sailor with his limited edition bakelite razor.
Happy to trade with him and @dangerman as well.
Said guest visitor was predisposed with unplanned family stuff, yet should receive the good on Monday at least.
it also sounds like I've converted him as well by loaning out a basic kit to try.

You also missed the Tallow & Steel soaps which I think are awesome but I was the only one.

I was sent samples of the soaps and balms a few months ago, I'm not a fan of the new fragrances I would have to say. Its a nice soap base though :)

I was sent samples of the soaps and balms a few months ago, I'm not a fan of the new fragrances I would have to say. Its a nice soap base though :)
I agree - the scents on the Tallow and Steel were Meh for me. One actually smelt like something I couldn't place... then it hit me... Play Doh! I like Play Doh...but not my choice of soap scent.:)

Shutup and take my money ; )

I like to occasionally give gifts to people that are friends and who I like, people who do cool things out of a sense of altruism or interest and P&C is an example of that, a forum that reflects his and our interests. He is a nice guy, we get on well and I enjoy his company whenever we have a conversation. So it's not something that is for sale and it will remain that way as it is a gift. I know he takes 'Monsta Myrtle' with him when he journeys around Australia to interstate P&C events so people get to experience it and I am sure he will do the same with the next iteration too :)