SYD Sydney Meetup - Saturday 11th February - 2pm - 4pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

todras

est Français pour après-rasage
In Memoriam
2019 Charity Auction Winner
Menth Dealer
After very little discussion and even less planning @Snooze and I are planning to have a few beers and grabbing some lunch on a Saturday afternoon on Saturday 11th February from 2pm to 4pm at the Riverview Hotel in Balmain and we are throwing it open and welcoming everyone to come and join us for a very informal, very relaxed arvo talking wet-shaving.

This is a lovely pub with a relaxed, chilled atmosphere, an excellent menu and a fine selection on tap. Nothing too dressy, nothing to expensive just your regular Aussie pub with an award winning menu and some bloody good beverages.

I will bring the full range of APR in sample size for people to smell and check out, I will also bring some Monsta Myrtle samples to give away free and quite possibly some other samples ;)

Additionally I will bring along the Timeless razor I picked up recently, Stone Cottage Soapworks samples, Mystic Water Samples and whatever else I can dig up that people might find interesting.

Everyone is welcome :) - this is a low key, very very casual, informal lunch and a couple of beers affair to talk wet shaving in person on a Saturday afternoon for a couple of hours.

When: Saturday 11th February, 2pm to 4pm
Where: The Riverview Hotel, 29 Birchgrove Road, Balmain Google Maps Reference
What to bring: Whatever you like, new soaps, creams, hardware or even nothing at all :)

So there we are, we are planning on doing these once a month or possibly even twice a month depending on our family commitments. Come along if you like, it would be good to see you all there and finally meet you in person.

Cheers,

Dan & Tony

Sounds like a winner - would have loved to be there :(

Sounds like a winner - would have loved to be there

Given your international 'A' list status, I won't rule out flying you up as a special guest at a future meeting :cool:

XAw13mQ.jpg

cskAE3F.jpg

A brief glimpse of all the scents I will bring along for smelling, splashing and enjoying alongside the free samples of the Monsta Myrtle!

@Monsta_AU @SydBJW @borked @MrT @tullfan @nav1 @SpeedyPC @Nonick @Question @Mark @Brendan @dewynter @pyrokov @cranky @thisISjoel @gthomas04 @Snooze and of course anyone else I have missed. It would be great to see you all there at the first of what is planned as a regular meet up :)

cEUnfDs.jpg

The Stone Cottage Soapworks samples (left), the Mystic Water Samples (rear) and on the right we have Eufros/Jabonman samples which I will be bringing so people can have a smell on the day. No these are not for sale I'm sorry to say but you are more than welcome to smell to your hearts content. It's a great way of checking out often expensive soaps without going in blind :)

I am a compulsive sample acquirer with a serious SAD so there may be more on the day including a test sample of Manuels new Rosa Bourbon in tallow!!

Last edited:
I plan to be there. [emoji1417]
It'll be fantastic to meet you both @todras and @Snooze for the first time.

Thank you for organising. I've already spilt enough bytes elsewhere about micro-meets and larger events. Nice to see something come into fruition.

I plan to be there. [emoji1417]
It'll be fantastic to meet you both @todras and @Snooze for the first time.

Thank you for organising. I've already spilt enough bytes elsewhere about micro-meets and larger events. Nice to see something come into fruition.

Really looking forward to meeting you too mate and great to have you on board and at the helm as the NSW State Convenor too. I reckon we will have a great afternoon and a lot of laughs :)

Will try to make it based on whether I can arrange someone to look after the rugrat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got $100 waiting for @gthomas04 to turn up to an event - plus free booze and food on the day. Anybody else want to chip in?

Enjoy your time in NZ mate!

Status
Not open for further replies.