SYD Sydney Meetup - Saturday March 18th - 1.30pm - 3.30pm

todras

est Français pour après-rasage
In Memoriam
2019 Charity Auction Winner
Menth Dealer
When: Saturday 18th March, 1.30pm to 3.30pm
Where: The Riverview Hotel, 29 Birchgrove Road, Balmain. Upstairs in the 'Fraser Room' Google Maps Reference
What to bring: Whatever you like, new soaps, creams, hardware or even nothing at all :)
Public Transport: It is a 20-25 min bus ride on the bus from Central Station Stand B - Bus Numbers : 441, 442 and 433

After the enjoyment we all had at the weekend Sydney meet-up we have decided to move forward with another date in the spirit of making the Sydney meetups an 'ongoing concern' as it were.

We also felt that providing everyone with a reasonable and sufficient amount of notice will give everyone enough time to pencil in the date and if so inclined, keep the date free, not withstanding of course the need to recharge recharge after the 'Monsta' event that was the weekend - having the 'big kahuna' in attendance in many ways made the event as enjoyable as it was.

We are looking at a number of suitable venues with a view to provisioning a space that we can 'occupy' for a couple of hours, there were a number of observations made on the weekend: in future avoiding in anyway inconveniencing other patrons or indeed hospitality staff in the middle of lunch service being the primary.

With this in mind we are currently investigating options for the next meetup as this next one will require a little more room, we will provide more information on this in the coming weeks....

There will be a couple of things occurring at the next event but it is important to communicate now that the focus of these gatherings will be to meet up in a relaxed, casual atmosphere and talk face to face about the hobby we all enjoy so much... To meet a few more faces, to swap a few things, to share a few things, and to see what everyone has acquired recently :)

It goes without saying everyone is more than welcome, be it from NSW or indeed any of the other states and territories.

cheers,

Dan and Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
@Snooze @Mark1966

If you think shavers are obsessed, you have not seen game fishermen. I have been chasing Marlin for 2 years now have not caught one yet. Gotten close.

@Snooze @Mark1966

If you think shavers are obsessed, you have not seen game fishermen. I have been chasing Marlin for 2 years now have not caught one yet. Gotten close.

OK, well that makes sense now ...

You got it b-a-d!

May be an idea to schedule the meeting at a location easily accessible by public transport

We will be confirming the venue in the next week or so, that being said it will be easily accessible by public transport and additionally there will be the possibility of being picked up from Central Station.

DUH - just noticed the date in the title, challenging choice but would hate to miss it.

it was a fair hike in the heat to get to the last place so great to hear it'll be somewhere near central.
put me down irraguardless i hopefully should have some goodies to trade by then.

@Mark1966 or @Monsta_AU if one of you could please copy paste this post and insert in my first post in the thread it would be good, I can't edit my post :/

The Next Sydney Meetup - Venue Confirmed and Booked

Due to the collective enjoyment and success of the last Sydney meetup we have again elected to hold the monthly meet up at the Riverview Hotel, but this time we will have procured a function room upstairs with a large table and ample space to spread out our acquisitions and collections. Full credit for this procurement lands with the ever ingratiating @Snooze, a man of suave sophistication, impeccable taste, and no doubt a man that no woman could reasonably refuse ;)

Tony and I in our discussions decided to explore the option of a dedicated room for the monthly Sydney event as like all of you no doubt, we were eager to avoid inconveniencing other patrons and hospitality staff who were doing a busy Saturday afternoon lunch service during our last visit. We both felt it was important and indeed proper that we leave the establishment with nothing other than a glowing impression of our gathering and indeed this community.We grabbed lunch at the Riverview prior to the wet-shave meetup occurring and I have to say, living in Newtown myself, the menu there is affordable, contemporary and rather cracking for a pub - I can see why it has garnered so many accolades. The chorizo arancini were very moreish!

There will be a couple of surprises for this meetup from Australian Private Reserve, but again this will not be the focus of the gathering.... As with the last Sydney meeting, the tendency for an organic flow to unfold with swapping, sharing, procuring and enjoying will again be the focus of these meetings as a very casual and very relaxed get together in the Sydney style to say hello, have a couple of beers and talk wet-shaving.

Jhaff3O.png

When:
Saturday 18th March, 1.30pm to 3.30pm
Where: The Riverview Hotel, 29 Birchgrove Road, Balmain. Upstairs in the 'Fraser Room' Google Maps Reference
What to bring: Whatever you like, new soaps, creams, hardware or even nothing at all :)
Public Transport: It is a 20-25 min bus ride on the bus from Central Station Stand B - Bus Numbers : 441, 442 and 433

Everyone is welcome, including our friends interstate and inter territory!

@Monsta_AU @Mark1966 @SydBJW @borked @MrT @tullfan @nav1 @SpeedyPC @Nonick @Question @Mark @Brendan @dewynter @pyrokov @cranky @thisISjoel @gthomas04 @Snooze
@the_shaving_sailor

Last edited:
Sounds like a cracker of an afternoon!

Due to the collective enjoyment and success of the last Sydney meetup we have again elected to hold the monthly meet up at the Riverview Hotel, but this time we will have procured a function room upstairs with a large table and ample space to spread out our acquisitions and collections. Full credit for this procurement lands with the ever ingratiating @Snooze, a man of suave sophistication, impeccable taste, and no doubt a man that no woman could reasonably refuse ;)

Thankyou for that @todras - but that you are not just pork-chopping me - thats the whole bloody pig mate!

Looking forward to the meet up.