SYD Sydney Spring Meet-up - Saturday 16th September

Discussion started by todras, Sep 3, 2017.

1. todras

todras est Français pour après-rasage Artisan Producer Menth Dealer

• When: Saturday 16th September, 1.30pm to 3.30pm
    • Where: The Riverview Hotel, 29 Birchgrove Road, Balmain. Upstairs in the courtyard Google Maps Reference
    • What to bring: Whatever you like! New Brushes, Razors, Soaps, Creams, Blades or just your good self.
    It's been a month or two since we have had a gathering and with spring in the air there is no time like the present. This will be another informal casual gathering and a chance for us to bring our recent acquisitions.

See you all there :)

@Monsta_AU @SydBJW @borked @MrT @tullfan @nav1 @Nonick @Question @Mark @Mark1966 @Brendan @dewynter @pyrokov @cranky @thisISjoel @gthomas04 @Snooze @shavetheman @the_shaving_sailor @RustyBlade @Rami @Itsonlyblood @ShaveOn @filobiblic

Rami, Snooze and nsavage like this.
  2. borked

borked Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat Grand Society Group Buy Associate Da Menth Heads

Look forward to catching up with you :)
    Oh and the rest, best include them hey :p

3. todras

A summer in September ? I'd like to smell that!

4. Monsta_AU

Monsta_AU ...can I interest you in some vintage blades? Forum Administrator Grand Society

Admin Post
    Well its a 'late spring' kind of day in Perth, so yeah, possible.

5. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Staff Member Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

Well I will not be able to bring anything, nor really take anything (no Polsilvers in the hand luggage!), but do hope to pop in albeit briefly.

Up that day for work which finishes around 2pm so I will swing by on the way to the airport. So if I owe you a drink come along so I can settle the account!

borked, Korbz and todras like this.
  6. todras

Look forward to catching up @Mark1966 :)

This is a very casual meetup, we have not booked a room and have not reserved a space so small quantities of shaving items are appreciated.

nsavage likes this.
  7. Mark1966

Mark1966 Shavepocalypse 'Prepper' Staff Member Site Moderator Grand Society 2016 Sabbatical Fail

... and I spoke too soon :(

Change of plans work wise means I'm tied up until 4pm now :cry:

So I will not be able to make it unfortunately. Massive bummer for me

8. lerenau

lerenau ...is a cheeky monkey

I made some promises to @borked and @tullfan that I would come to Sydney for this meetup.
    But, my recent run of bad luck has changed and I have been offered a very interesting job. *yay!* (I hate not having work)
    I start on Monday.

The downside, of course, is that I can't get away from Canberra for a while.

9. todras

This will be my last chance for a meetup for a fair while, heading forward I have a lot of commitments both AP Reserve related and work and family wise. This meetup is really just a casual get together, there is nothing particularly planned but more a chance to say hello and catch up with a few people :)

borked and nsavage like this.
  10. Monsta_AU

Monsta_AU ...can I interest you in some vintage blades? Forum Administrator Grand Society

Admin Post
    Be good to see those that can make it. There will be a bit of watch stuff too, if you need bands changed or anything bring them along.

Rami, borked and todras like this.
  11. todras

Looking forward to the meetup already! and I am really looking forward to seeing @Snooze's new Kayak in person :D

Snooze and RustyBlade like this.
  12. todras

I will bring a couple of testing samples of ''Lightning Ridge'' along, its one of my new summer fragrances with Petrichor,Ozone, Musk, Lime etc

13. Mark1966

No need, sold!

todras likes this.
  14. todras

Looking forward to seeing you Sydney shavers up there today :)

Monsta_AU likes this.
  15. nsavage

nsavage Member

Hope you have a great time guys :)

todras likes this.
  16. todras

Great to catch up with you all, let's do it again next month :)

ShaveOn likes this.
  17. Snooze

Snooze Active Member 2017 Sabbatical Fail

Excellent idea @todras - great to catch up with people for a drink, some food and chat.:)

Dan brought along a tester of "Lightning Ridge" - ozone and Outback storms - amazing summer scent - looking forward to the release!

ShaveOn, todras and Korbz like this.
  18. todras

Glad you liked it, it was great to catchup Tony, see you on the 14th for the next one. I should have a working tester of 'Passione' that I will bring for show and tell and you no doubt will have another injector, or similar acquisition we can marvel at and discuss or maybe even your kayak!

On another note @Monsta_AU and @borked had some really nice watches today, having such a broad scope of objects and interests at the meetings makes it really interesting, I learned a lot today about gentleman's watches, things I would have never ever encountered. Very cool! :)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Snooze, borked and ShaveOn like this.
  19. Rami

Rami Active Member 2017 Sabbatical Fail

Sorry guys. Had family from overseas. So been very busy.

todras and RustyBlade like this.
  20. borked

borked Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat Grand Society Group Buy Associate Da Menth Heads

You really did miss out mate.
    It's not every day that @Monsta_AU regrets not following his own advise ;)

A good meet up today.
    Lightening Ridge has potential and I look forward to its evolution, particularly in warmer weather.

todras likes this.