SYD Sydney Spring Meetup - Saturday 15th September

todras

est Français pour après-rasage
In Memoriam
2019 Charity Auction Winner
Menth Dealer
With Spring around the corner I thought I would grab this date given the discussion in relation to a visit to the Blue Mountains (Stray Whisker) which with my weekend responsibilities (family & friends) and time pressures (AP Reserve) is regretably just not feasible.

A Sydney meetup at our now regular Pub is however is very doable, and we are finding that the 5 or 6 gathering size is very conducive to solid conversation, show-and-tell of recent acquisitions (Tony's monthly Oud acquisitions are superb) and having a very enjoyable discussion for a couple of hours while grabbing a nice feed and a beverage or two.

@Snooze usually posts the Sydney monthly meetup's and he has my apologies for jumping in, I thought it best to avoid any potential date clashes!

Hope to catch up with as many people as can make it to talk all things wet shaving etc. Everyone most welcome, especially new members.

So come along, have a beer, lunch, coffee, water etc and a chat .
  • When: Saturday September 15th , 2018, 1330-1600
  • Where: The Riverview Hotel, 29 Birchgrove Road, Balmain. Upstairs in the courtyard Google Maps Reference
  • What to bring: Whatever you like! New Brushes, Razors, Soaps, Creams, Blades or just your good self. Side interests also catered for - watches, pens, tech gizmos, anything you think may be of interest.

Looking forward to next weekend already :)

If things progress as expected with the warmer weather, I will have an initial iteration of something incredibly special for people to experience...

timing is going to play a big part on my ability to attend this weekend, I just landed a couple of big US orders so I will see how I travel fulfilling them :)

I would be tempted to head down... but with such a lovely day on Saturday, I'm going to pre-season cricket training to put some hurt on the young fast bowlers. I injured 4 last outing! One twice (once on each shin).

How I laughed!

I would like to be there but the attendance does not look promising

Any more takers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I am out, even with the car in the garage getting over $2K worth of suspension work was not going to keep me away, however the inability to fill a shift within my team means that I get left holding it.

I enjoy the meet ups ,but with 4+ hours return journey I would like 4 or 5 min attendees.
Perhaps next week?
I have my Grandsons 1st birthday on the 27th, but I am not sure if my Daughter has the party planned for the Sunday.

On another note, we now have a King Parrot v Rosella "blue" on our back verandah over the small amount of seed and/or water bowls left out.

Totally understand @tullfan - 4 hours is a big ask, even for wet shaving !!

Why don’t we cancel today’s meet up if only 2 people can make it - I think the Stray Whisker visit is on next weekend anyway, so bit ambitious having two meetings so close !

Will post date for next meet up.