Review T.O.O.B.S shave stick.

the_shaving_sailor

2018 Sabbatical
hey guys was out in the blue mountains on this fine weekend and I stumbled across this shave stick by toobs.
now I'm not the biggest fan of shave sticks but I need one for my deployment kit anf i wanted one that would out do the rest and perform like I was using my bowl at home

and this is a 11/10 winner. rubbed this bad boy all over my semi wet face the smell was amazing. as soon as I hit my face with the brush....BOOM! instant thick rich lather. and for only $20 a real winner for me.

20170225_215308.jpg

I have used these a few times before and I have a St James currently. I remove the soap from the stick though as the threads on the stick tend to fail after a few turns and press the soap into a tub so I can pre-load as normal.

I have used these a few times before and I have a St James currently. I remove the soap from the stick though as the threads on the stick tend to fail after a few turns and press the soap into a tub so I can pre-load as normal.

yep my thread has failed after one use haha but love the compact size, smell and performance.

I picked up the puck of the same scent so hopefully the the different recipies give a similar result

Mate,just rub the puck over your face,then lather up
An all in one shampoo,bath soap shave soap that actually works is Imperial Barber soap.
Available online from $18 plus local postage,see Nick Shaves review.

I don't have thread problems with my Arko sticks.....

Seriously though. I hear the TOOBS Sandalwood is pretty good but the scent strength is very low. What do you say?

he sandlewood soap puck dosnt smell in my opion anything like the shave stick, the stick more musky.

and yes the soap puck scent is not as strong as the stick, stick is very stinky and i love it.