Tabac Re-Formulated - Now Tallow Free

As detailed on several other forums Tabac has been reformulated and is now tallow free.

The tallow and coconut has been replaced with Laurate.

So exactly when did this happen? Are we likely to still have 'NOS' of the old formulation here in Australia?

Time to hit Priceline/Chemist Warehouse ?

So exactly when did this happen? Are we likely to still have 'NOS' of the old formulation here in Australia?

Time to hit Priceline/Chemist Warehouse ?

...some UK online retailers are already selling the new formulation. Basically Tabac have ditched the two most expensive ingredients and subsistuted cheaper synthetic surfactants. I suspect there must be shed loads of the old formulation knocking about. Connaughts has confirmed they currently have the old formulation in stock and Amazon UK seems to be still sending out the old formulation...but you know what shaving forum members are like! old stock will probably be hoovered-up in a matter of days, people are stocking-up for the long term me thinks...

Last edited:

Oh no :(

MOD EDIT: The old ingredients being -

POTASSIUM STEARATE,SODIUM STEARATE, POTASSIUM TALLOWATE, AQUA, POTASSIUM COCOATE, SODIUM TALLOWATE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), SODIUM COCOATE, GLYCERIN, LIMONENE, LINALOOL, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, TETRASODIUM EDTA, TETRASODIUM ETIDRONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CI 77891, ISOEUGENOL, CITRONELLOL, COUMARIN, BENZYL ALCOHOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, GERANIOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CINNAMYL ALCOHOL, CITRAL, EUGENOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vshod have the old tallow version in stock, at least for refill sticks and pucks.

... and I've just confirmed that Beard & Blade have the old formulation too - don't forget the Paste & Cut discount code !