Talk me out of a monster!

@Monsta_AU l wouldn’t mind taking that off your hands, if you like. Wanted to try one.
Will let you know once it is ready. Of course it will be offered here first, might be a good beater when you don't want to wear the Rolex. It has a cyclops too!

Talk you out of a Monster!? Certainly not!
I am on the lookout for a beaten but functional orange one at a low price for a project. I won't insult @Turtle with the sort offer I need to make given how wrong what I am planning could go...
You can get SKX781's on eBay at under USD$200 landed. Please keep it to an 7S26 movement if you are modding for the first time (or get an SKX007). If it doesn't need to be an OM then there are others that come up cheaper, like the Black ones which are not as popular.

Not really the same kind of watch, although a new 3rd-Gen Monster sets you back that kind of money. The Jades are well into the $800 landed territory.

Last edited:
Hey guys... I’m buying a monster

Besides rocking the bracelet I’m thinking a grey nato would be rad!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ferret619, man I remember abf, haven’t been there at all lately
I just had another sale thread ruined by the mods walls of red text, next year I won’t renew my paid membership..
It just dosnt seem like the dog I want my money on.

Vostok Amphibian
No matter what’s being discussed in horology, someone will mention the Vostok amphibia.
I’ve never owned one but they seem to have a cult following.
Is the bi directional bezel a thing on all of them or just some?

All I think, although have read of some people doing mods to make them uni-directional.

I must be one of the few that don't like them. I have one I rarely wear, because it just feels cheap (even after I've replaced the hair eating bracelet).

All I think, although have read of some people doing mods to make them uni-directional.

I must be one of the few that don't like them. I have one I rarely wear, because it just feels cheap (even after I've replaced the hair eating bracelet).
I have only played with one once. Aesthetically it didn’t do anything for me but there are so many variations I’m sure there’s one that would be okay.
As a man with some Greek heritage bracelets that grab hair are a deal breaker

Any recommendations for servicing Seiko autos fellas?

Australian watch forum in Facebook. Will ask there for you if you want.
If you could that would be tops :)
I ditched Facebook a while back and am not going back

From Facebook

I had good experience with little and son in Bruce they are a little slow I suppose but they love their work. There is also that fella in Baileys corner in the city who is pretty good.

Thanks so much @Mark1966 and @Rami

mRDIOsSl.jpg

Not a bad team I recon

Its a 7S26. Why do you need to service it? They go forever!

Edit: Here is the SZSC003 for your edification.

szsc003.png
It’s not that I NEED to but knowing of a decent repairer is a good thing :)

That said I will need to pop the bezel and clean up in there-the action is SO BAD!!

You can get SKX781's on eBay at under USD$200 landed. Please keep it to an 7S26 movement if you are modding for the first time (or get an SKX007). If it doesn't need to be an OM then there are others that come up cheaper, like the Black ones which are not as popular.

Case modding only, mate. I want the textured bezel of the Monster so a 007 is not an option. A beat up 781 would be the perfect starting point as the whole case surface will get a makeover. As I said, given the potential for this to go horribly wrong, $300 ( and a decent example) is more than I am willing to spend :)