Taswegian checking in

I got that odd burning feeling with Honeybee Soaps the first few times, it's mostly gone away since I left the puck exposed to air for a week. I probably wouldn't do that if you have the Jermyn cream though, it might dry out excessively and diminish the great scent. Hopefully it ends up working for you, it's a great cream. I think you're right about the pronounciation, I say "ger-mine" too.

I think you're right about the pronounciation, I say "ger-mine" too.

The pronunciation is difficult to explain but if your mine part sounds like wine then you are off. It is closer to germ-in , but the i is very soft and could almost be an e.

Glen, if you find it doesn't work for you I am sure there are others of us around who would happily swap it for something else (and I don't mean swap it for a stick of Arko).

First shave with TOBS Jermyn. What a great scent, BUT ...

I think I have had a slight reaction to it, feels almost like razor burn or mild sunburn,...

The good news for me is after three shaves with TOBS no more burning sensation, just great smelling, close shaves.

A splash of Thayers Witch Hazel toner and some Nivea Sensitive and I'm off to work.

The good news for me is after three shaves with TOBS no more burning sensation, just great smelling, close shaves.

A splash of Thayers Witch Hazel toner and some Nivea Sensitive and I'm off to work.

Like a champion!

Mystery blade revealed

As I have been banging on about in the what would you hoard thread I have been using a modern blade that I sugeested was as good as a vintage Schick or Gillette.

Well after three shaves with the blade, spaced about 6 days apart (I know I've not been shaving very frequently it is probably a sign I am not coping with work/life pressures). The first two shaves I was quite impressed, it shaved well and gave a smooth finish, but todays shave I could feel the blade had deteriorated, and does not have a fourth shave in it. Would I keep using these blades probably but they are a two shave only blade.

All shaving was done with Prorarso white in a tub and a Merkur 38C.

I can reveal the blade is infact as Razormonsta guessed a Vidyut Super-max Super Platinum.

I've been lazy, I'm only shaving once to twice a week at the moment.

For a few weeks I was working through the assortment of blades in my drawer, I can't actually remember what they were. All were used with Proraso white and the 38C. After a few ordinary shaves and some skin issues**, I switched to a vintage Schick and the Macca root. WOW, Macca root is seriously soft and lathers like a well you know what.

Three schick shaves and I am loving life, smooth pleasent shaves, skin feels great. I really should get some more of these blades, but the prices on ebay are a little high, oh well its only money.

** I went for a couple of weeks with zits/boils, I blame middle age, my definition of middle age is "grey hair and pimples."

Today I gave the proraso white a go, I kind of like the smell, slightly woody with a light mentol background. My wife complained about proraso green that it smelt like a wierd person who washed with eucalyptus, I think the white will get meet her approval.

The proraso white lathers nicely, dense and creamy. And shaves like a quiality soap should, it is fanstatic value for money.

I'm a little late here but this is when you grasp your loved ones shoulders lightly, move your face close to hers, stare deep into her eyes and whisper to her, "I am a weird person."

After months of using Macca Root, Merkur HD and various blades (Shark, Schick, Aus Gillette to name a few and some of the random crap that RM sent me) I decided to swap things up a bit.

EJ DB89 Razor
TOBS Jermyn St and
an Aussie Gillette.

I now see what you guys mean by a mild razor, I could barely feel the blade on my face. It didn't feel like it was cutting the only way I knew it was, was the disappearance of whiskers.

Not the closest shave, pretty decent, especially in the areas I pay extra attention to, jaw line, point of chin. A little extra care on my neck and it would have been really good.

Have I said how good TOBS Jermyn St smells? I love the stuff.

Hi,
I'm back for a visit.

Been pretty busy down here in Tassie since I've been around I've changed job, pretty much a career change. Went from being a senior chemist lab supervisor to an environmental regulator keeping an eye on the states biggest pooh farms.

Bought 5.5ha 30 mins out of the city and worked through the planning process and the house build started last week. Now to get onto the fencing.

Shave wise I've fallen into a routine using my DE89, Schick platinum plus and Macca root, with some Thayer's witch hazel after. Nice and simple.

I am on the lookout for a new balm, I've run out of Natio and the reformulated Nivea sensitive is slimey.

Hi,
I'm back for a visit.

Been pretty busy down here in Tassie since I've been around I've changed job, pretty much a career change. Went from being a senior chemist lab supervisor to an environmental regulator keeping an eye on the states biggest pooh farms.

Bought 5.5ha 30 mins out of the city and worked through the planning process and the house build started last week. Now to get onto the fencing.

Shave wise I've fallen into a routine using my DE89, Schick platinum plus and Macca root, with some Thayer's witch hazel after. Nice and simple.

I am on the lookout for a new balm, I've run out of Natio and the reformulated Nivea sensitive is slimey.
Welcome back @glenos ! Sounds like a great lifestyle down there (y)

Hi,
I'm back for a visit.

http://thestraywhisker.com.au/the-stray-whiskers-after-balm-120ml/

That's worth trying as a replacement balm.
I regularly use it, my Grandfather swears by it.

I use it too. It's good stuff.

The Stray Whisker balm is lovely, and one of my favourites. I've also tried a couple of stirling balms, which imo out perform TSW.

Hi,
I'm back for a visit.

Welcome back @glenos and good luck with the house build. Tasmania is lovely!

My favourite balm is also The Stray Whisker Balm, but I've found the Bulldog Aftershave Balm is also pretty good and it's available from Priceline.