test photo post

Discussion started by Dale.Whiley, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Dale.Whiley

Dale.Whiley Active Member 2017 Sabbatical

After a recent FAIL at posting an image I'll test-run again.

2. Dale.Whiley

Fail again… … tomorroe I guess

3. Monsta_AU

Monsta_AU ...can I interest you in some vintage blades? Forum Administrator Grand Society

Admin Post
    If you cannot put the URL (the bit between the image tags) into a browser tab and have it load, then it won't work.

If you do attempt to post something, don't edit it out afterwards. Leave it there so I can help you work out what you are doing wrong.

4. eggbert

eggbert is full of Vision Collision 2018 Sabbatical 2017 Sabbatical Da Menth Heads

If it's from imgur.com, the URL they give you doesn't include the filetype, so (in most instances) adding .jpg to the code will make the IMG pop up.

5. Dale.Whiley

6. Dale.Whiley

Test image in Tapatalk using Photobucket

1. img
    2. Direct
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. eggbert

eggbert is full of Vision Collision 2018 Sabbatical 2017 Sabbatical Da Menth Heads

That looks like scary inland from Townsville, @Dale.Whiley. Charters Towers area?

stillshunter likes this.
  8. stillshunter

stillshunter a man of resolve, a man of conviction State Convenor - ACT Group Buy Associate 2015 Sabbatical Fail

Love the guesswork Eggy, and I look forward to @Dale.Whiley 's reply. Having said that I spy some electrically powered lighting and plastic chairs so fear you'll be a little off in your assessment mate.

9. eggbert

It was the hats @stillshunter. I did a bit of work out at Ravenswood gold mine for a while and its definitely 10 gallon hat country.

But yes a bit of a shock to learn they have electricity around there if I am anywhere near correct.

stillshunter likes this.
  10. Dale.Whiley

Well done @eggbert. The Charters Towers Rodeo Stadium at the Dalymple Cattle Saleyards. The new roof over the arena makes a good change from sitting in the hot sun in the middle of summer. I sold coffee at an Easter rodeo a few years ago, slept on the concrete seats with the wind howling across the arena with the temperature in town at -1 degree C plus wind chill after 30+ during the day. Gotta love the inland; hot & cold.

I drive up for the annual New Years Eve PBR Rodeo. Yeah; I wear a hat daily.

filobiblic likes this.
  11. eggbert

I'll take the plaudits, but there aren't really that many places inland of the twin cities that you can get to easily, so it wasn't much of a guess.

stillshunter likes this.
  12. Dale.Whiley

More news for you @eggbert. We have a new rodeo stadium opening this month (http://northqueenslandeliterodeo.com.au/ ) 20 minutes drive away. Located a few km's out towards Hervey's Range past the Black River Road intersection (being an ex-local you'd know the area). I drone out on Saturday to have a look around & met Quentin Kersh the owner and chatted for a short time. Good bloke who loves his rodeo. With Charters Towers, Bartlett Park & now NQ Elite stadium up and running it provides regular entertainment, even with the closure of some other local venues.

13. eggbert

Can't say that I was that local - lived in Cairns mainly when I was over east. I did go down a few times though, and even went for a job at the gold mine not far away. I think we even went to a rodeo at the old place which is why I recognised your photos.

14. Dale.Whiley

Always enjoy a drive out to Ravenswood. Last time out that way about 7-8 years ago now, I hit a fair lump of a eagle in the 4WD. As the eagle and the antenna went sailing over the roof before the eagle hit the ground he'd corrected from the spin he was in & just flew off. Here I am all these years later with a coat hanger still in place as an antenna.

J.Mac and eggbert like this.
  15. Nice Dale, short drive from my place in Kalynda Chase.

16. Dale.Whiley

I'm just off Golf Links Drive a few hundred yards from Cowboys' Stadium.

17. Nice, we can throw rocks at each other. Thats a great area to live.