The Bushland Tea House

Maxime D.

The tea is the second most consumed beverage in the world next to water, it grows in China, the Indies, Ceylon, New Zealand, the Queensland and even in the Southern Colonies. You can drink it hot or cold, serve it with a Chinese teapot or an English kettle, some folks like it with a 'Nuage de Lait' and others with a zest of lemon. The infusion can be brown, red, yellow, green, black, gold, copper or even white. No matter what time of the day it is, it's always to good time for a cup of tea :)

How do you drink it?
What are your favorite blends?
Which one did you drank today?

QGolY8F.png

Old fashioned English breakfast tea, brewed so strong you can stand a spoon upright in your cup. Preferably Yorkshire Tea but PG Tips will also do. Leaf tea in a pot or if it's just me a double bagger in a mug so big you can drown in it. More of a meal than a cup of tea! Hardly the sophisticated, Japanese, pinky up in the air approach but delicious.

Same here. Dilmah Ceylon will do me, though I prefer it to stay liquid

Not into all these 'latte' teas.

Old fashioned English breakfast tea, brewed so strong you can stand a spoon upright in your cup. Preferably Yorkshire Tea but PG Tips will also do. Leaf tea in a pot or if it's just me a double bagger in a mug so big you can drown in it. More of a meal than a cup of tea! Hardly the sophisticated, Japanese, pinky up in the air approach but delicious.

For what (in the UK) is a cheap tea bag it is very hard to beat a cup of pg tips tea. I don't drink it up here though as tea is really a cooler weather drink for me. Funny that coffee doesn't bother me the same.

With an Asian wife there tends to be a lot of different teas in the house to try. I like a nice jasmine tea if prepared properly (not too hot) when I am traveling but am not that fussed with anything else I've tried, except for...

proper chai. I grew up living next door to a Pakistani family and the mum always had a big pan of chai brewing every day of the 10 years I lived next door to them so I grew to live that too. A much more subtle drink than you find in Australian cafes or supermarkets.

Waitrose* Earl Grey for me... Or Fortnum's** Irish Breakfast or Bewley's*** Earl Grey. All exclusively loose leaf brewed in a Bodum Tastea (for a one cup) or in a Bodum Vision (for multicup)

*Waitrose for those not of a Pomniscient**** bent is a slightly upmarket supermarket, part of John Lewis (department store) group.

**Fortnum's is of course the grocery emporium on Piccadilly in London.

***Bewley's is a famous Dublin café on Grafton Street. Haven't evet been to Dublin and not called in for a cup of tea in the Oriental Café. If you're ever there, its an institution not to be missed - fine cakes too.

****Pomniscience - deep knowledge of things of or pertaining to Pommieland or Poms, see also "crap at cricket"

Fortnum's export to north of the border these days?

How the mighty have fallen.

Blame the pills gt :)

White Tea is my favourite.

Black Tea would be Irish Breakfast.

If I am in a Chinese Restaurant and they offer Jasmine Tea, I will always say yes and I can't stop drinking it.

I don't mind Oolong with a slice of ginger added to the steep either.

I prefer all teas loose and done in a pot but don't really indulge that often unless on an inspired kick.

I'm drinking a cup of Baboo 2009, It's a Sichuanese Pu'er tea meant for the Tibetan market. Just for the records, I'm no fancy stiff neck with a sterling silver spoon, each time I go to my favorite tea house I pick something new to try, sometime I'm lucky and sometime I give the bag to my sister....hahahah

9563259833_009aaf6707_o.jpg

I don't mind Oolong with a slice of ginger added to the steep either.

I never tried the ginger with Oolong, I'll put this on my list of stuff to try.

Great thread. Love trying out different teas. Some beauties here to put on my list. Thanks gents.

My picks at the moment are Twinings Earl Grey, T2 Lemongrass & Ginger (with a dash of honey) and camomile made loose dried flowers that I buy from Victoria Market. I've had much better Earl Grey but my son loves Twinings.

Yep, don't mind Jasmine Tea when eating out at a dumpling or noodle place.

I'm drinking a cup of Baboo 2009, It's a Sichuanese Pu'er tea meant for the Tibetan market.

9563259833_009aaf6707_o.jpg

That one looks interesting. Pu'er is one of the wife's favourites but I've never seen anything like that at home.

I am a coffee drinker but I do get stuck into whatever tea is being dished out by an Asian restaurant. I actually quite enjoy Tea in this situation. Generally it is Jasmine but sometimes you get Pu-erh or something more exotic. Since I live in a fairly Chinese area it is easy to go and grab a 10kg bag of decent Jasmine tea for only a few dollars.

The other half being Chinese Malay tends to love all sorts of tea, but Orange Pekoe usually is the go-to. She doesn't mind the Australian Afternoon Tea by Twinings either. Apparently I make tea better than she does.

And mine if it adds anything to the conversation is from Newcastle on Tyne and drinks more tea than I do alcohol ( and that is a lot of tea).