The constant battle..

1. I've got my church/functions Akubra - good nick
2. I've got my driving/BBQ/rodeo Akubra - older and reasonable nick
3. I've got my mow the yard/dump run Akubra - full of holes and held together by 'roo lacing
4. Got a pair of Ariat's - polished and good for church/functions/outings
5. Got pair of "cheaper" dress black office shoes for work, polished of course
6. Every time I leave my yard it's long sleeves and pants except my work uniform which is shirt sleeves and trousers.
7. 53 later this year
8. Old, set in my ways and boring? My wife will agree with you.
9. And talk about horns in that pie picture above - I have a set on the wall above my bed. Honestly.

A man of taste and style :)

What?
No one here rocks their birthday suit?

Haha good lord what did I start, professionally my works pretty lax, company shirt and the rest is up to you... Personally I rock the Vertex pants and my dr Martins aswell as the many required layers to deal with this rubbish cold!

Haha good lord what did I start, professionally my works pretty lax, company shirt and the rest is up to you... Personally I rock the Vertex pants and my dr Martins aswell as the many required layers to deal with this rubbish cold!

When I search Vertex pants I get a website that lists categories of pants including 'Concealed carry', 'Hunting', 'Law Enforcement' and 'Tactical' and includes colour choices such as 'Desert Tan', 'Multicam', 'Khaki' and 'Olive Green'.

Hmmm, you are on the right shaving forum aren't you ... ;)

Haha they are my preferred gear.
It's one plus I have at work is I get to play with cars and they look the other way on the spyderco in my pocket.

Haha they are my preferred gear.
It's one plus I have at work is I get to play with cars and they look the other way on the spyderco in my pocket.

Gee whiz - first it is 'tactical pants' and now (after a Google) these -

C201TIBL_M.jpg

:)

Haha they make a nice blade. I'm sure this forum can appriciate that
I think one of them got me on a list at Customs. Maybe not that exact blade, but they said the spyderco knife I was trying to purchase was a flick knife, and confiscated it.
a) I didn't consider it to be a flick knife
b) I didn't even know at the time there were laws against them.

I think one of them got me on a list at Customs. Maybe not that exact blade, but they said the spyderco knife I was trying to purchase was a flick knife, and confiscated it.
a) I didn't consider it to be a flick knife
b) I didn't even know at the time there were laws against them.

Customs declared them and and all one hand opening knives to be flick knives a few years ago.

So I guess to answer your original question @Daveho1

I work in a corporate environment so we wear a corporate uniform - long sleeve business shirt slacks and leather shoes, no ties or jackets.

Outside of work I have found my self over the last few years moving to polo's rather than T's when leaving the house but still thongs. I am pretty much a fashion tragic and have always tended to dress down but as I find myself moving into my 30's and in a similar situation as you (house,family,career) I am starting to feel as though I need a change

1. I've got my church/functions Akubra - good nick
2. I've got my driving/BBQ/rodeo Akubra - older and reasonable nick
3. I've got my mow the yard/dump run Akubra - full of holes and held together by 'roo lacing
4. Got a pair of Ariat's - polished and good for church/functions/outings
5. Got pair of "cheaper" dress black office shoes for work, polished of course
6. Every time I leave my yard it's long sleeves and pants except my work uniform which is shirt sleeves and trousers.
7. 53 later this year
8. Old, set in my ways and boring? My wife will agree with you.
9. And talk about horns in that pie picture above - I have a set on the wall above my bed. Honestly.

I have something similar going on. I prefer to keep it simple and the cupboard sparse.
I have only one Akubra.. so it does #1 & #2. #3 is a tired old straw hat in a similar condition to your yard Akubra!
I have only one pair of "shoes" - RM Willams Boots so they go everywhere.
Work = steel cap boots. Play = thongs.
3 x Jeans for work, 3 x jeans for formal, jeans ex work and formal for play. All that changes is the style. I have a black pair of Jeans that you would swear were actually slacks... they're not.
3 x long sleeve collars. Couple of polo's, few tee's and that's it.

Means I don't have to think about what to wear. I just put on the same thing every time... brilliant.

There are a couple of knife threads guys :)

Maybe check them out?

And how does that relate to the quip under your name?
That's right Glen, petition the real moderator (who's cherry you took) to banish him to knife threads.

That's right Glen, petition the real moderator (who's cherry you took) to banish him to knife threads.
Good idea @eggbert , calling @Drubbing , calling @Drubbing , we have a knife wielding boar (brush) loving happy clapper. I am certain that when they all get together and start clapping and singing to HAYSOOS they also move in rhythm in their boots. Sic em @Drubbung sic em ,.