The day Dave went to Truefitt & Hill

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Full credit for these photos to Canberra Streets on instagram, if you arnt familiar check it out both the colour and black and white feeds.
https://www.instagram.com/canberrastreets/

wp119mH.jpg

u8enfAd.jpg

sjhbnua.jpg

3XtcEEK.jpg

wfv8Tf5.jpg

I can highly recommend the Canberra Truefitt & Hill, the service here is exceptional.
There have been a few shops pop up in recent years in Canberra some shutting as in my experience it was hipster malarkey and the previous forerunner we lost the barber to his home the UK however, Truefitt & Hill carry a reputation with the name and are going above and beyond to continue earning that.
Tons of products on offer, friendly expert staff and my preferred brand of Scotch, what more can you ask for?

I am seriously hoping to get dispensation from the mod squad so the Canberra contingent can make an outing here to get a shave.

Last edited:
I'm happy to come and watch (drink whisky really) - but no way am I letting Dylan near my face with a sharp blade!

It’s like the mechanic with a rubbish car, it’s the work that counts :)
Edit: Not that his style is really comparable to the rubbish car, he is clearly a baller.

Last edited:
$60.
$75 if you want Dylan to massage your face tattoos as well.
$130 if you want Dylan to give you a purifying face mask before the shave.
$165 if you want Dylan to give you an invigorating face mask before the shave.

Source: http://truefittandhill.com.au/pages/Services
I thought you were joking. There is even a spa pedicure service. Yeah I'll pass. Doubly so if it's suggested as a group outing :p

a) never trust a skinny cook (or bearded shaver in this case)
b) even I know Glenfiddich is bargain basement whisky
c) he appears to be attacking his victim shaving his customer against the grain on what looks like a first pass
d) how much?
There's just no way you are going to get a happy ending with this service, and I mean that in both meanings of the term.

There's just no way you are going to get a happy ending with this service, and I mean that in both meanings of the term.

:stop:

I can't see a happy ending going down to well in full view of the shoppers at a suburban mall in Canberra, it's the equivalent of a small country town.

a) never trust a skinny cook (or bearded shaver in this case)
b) even I know Glenfiddich is bargain basement whisky
c) he appears to be attacking his victim shaving his customer against the grain on what looks like a first pass
d) how much?
I take issue with, like, all of these!

A) look at many of the worlds top chefs, they aren’t all the star of Huey’s kitchen.
B) Glenfiddich as a distillery make fantastic whiskeys, they have many terrific offerings.
C) That’s me getting a shave and the whole experience was extremely comfortable.
D) yes they are costly if you go all bells and whistles but Im okay with paying for quality of product and service occasionally.

I thought you were joking. There is even a spa pedicure service. Yeah I'll pass. Doubly so if it's suggested as a group outing :p
I Did surgest we go and try them out, having a good brick and mortar store in Canberra is something I’m all for but that’s okay, you don’t have to come.

I already said there was no chance of a happy ending
We may be looking for different things from our barbers..
But if that’s the thing you want, Canberra would be the place for it!
Plus the the worlds oldest barbershop, Truefitt & Hill just opened up a branch here, you know so you can look good for the whores!