The dry season is here

Discussion started by eggbert, May 3, 2015.

1. eggbert

eggbert is full of Vision Collision 2018 Sabbatical 2017 Sabbatical Da Menth Heads

So that means I can start growing stuff that you southerners grow during summer.
    Been busy the last couple of weeks.
    These are most of the seeds we have sown (sowed?) for the winter season:
    [​IMG]
    Amongst those are 25 different varieties of tomatoes!
    There are also a few wicking barrels with "stuff" in them, which I think is mainly radishes, snake beans and carrots? There appear to be a few more things in there that my wife has planted but at present i don't know what they are.
    That is white turmeric at the bottom of the photo with pandan.
    [​IMG]
    There are 2 ibc wicking beds in the back garden. One has kang kung, while the other has Asian greens, and I am just starting my raised beds, but have only planted one out with black Russian toms from Bunnings as well as basil and marigold seeds.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Our ginger and galangal are going well as are the Okinawan spinach and climbing spinach
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Our herb garden is full of things like long leaf coriander, pandan, basil, chili, lemongrass and turmeric.
    [​IMG]
    We also have some papaya starting to flower, and I've recently found another 5 wild seedlings which well be transplanted this weekend, but unfortunately I've just had to take out our banana plants. Virtually all bananas in the NT have had to be culled due to banana freckle disease being found on a few farms.
    [​IMG]
    Lime tree (needing to be pruned and transplanted) and curry leaf
    [​IMG]
    Vanilla bean
    [​IMG]
    Wildling papaya
    [​IMG]

Draco Noir, MrT, StueyB and 3 others like this.
  2. borked

borked Shave, collect B&M pokemon, vodka, sleep, repeat Grand Society Group Buy Associate Da Menth Heads

No chilli variants ?

3. khun_diddy

khun_diddy diddy_arko! State Rep - SA

It looks like heaven up there!

4. stillshunter

stillshunter a man of resolve, a man of conviction State Convenor - ACT Group Buy Associate 2015 Sabbatical Fail

is that tomatoes or "tomatoes"? Across the border in the ACT folks like @Mark1966 are allowed to grow a few plants for personal use...typical.

....nice set-up you got there mate.

5. eggbert

eggbert is full of Vision Collision 2018 Sabbatical 2017 Sabbatical Da Menth Heads

@borked only jalapeƱos, Thai, cayenne and habaneris . jp going to get a better selection later

MrT and borked like this.
  6. eggbert

Of i forgot the scotch bonnets too.
    I want milder, flavourful chillies that I can use in other cooking applications, ones you can stuff, poblanos etc

7. filobiblic

filobiblic Facepeeler Extraordinare State Convenor - NSW Group Buy Caporegime 2017 Sabbatical Fail 2016 Sabbatical Fail 2015 Sabbatical Fail

What a terrific garden! Is it just your handiwork or does your wife have green thumbs too?

8. eggbert

Oops I appear to have missed your reply @filobiblic.
    Wifebert enjoys the idea of gardening but doesn't like being out in the sun. So she does help start things but I'm the one who had to water, weed and fertilise everything.
    We've started harvesting cucumbers recently. I found a couple this morning that we had missed for a few days:
    [​IMG]
    Size 10 sandal for comparison. I'm not sure of they are edible at that size but
    Babybert seems to think they look good to eat:
    [​IMG]