The eclipse red ring

Phew! I’ve got to fund a Blackbird first.
Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird_%28modified%29.jpg

???
*Calls shotgun*

M3wqBBMh.jpg

Soap: P&B Imperial Rum
Brush: 20X47 Master Badger
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: BIC (3)
AS: Pb Bay/Lime
This razor is almost boring, it's so predictably good to use. Probably the best shave to date with it was with the Nacet blade. I used the razor on it's lowest setting as it was efficient enough there. I can't think of any negatives. It's intuitive, the comb makes for easy rinsing, the magnet is a good thing for blade handling........ oh yeah, thought of one, they're not readily available.
Very happy with how this brush came up. I think I nailed the loft. It was simply lovely to use. Sufficient backbone, good flowthrough, gorgeous face feel. I'm very happy with it.
Really nice combo with the Imperial Rum today. Good stuff.

8e9Aq6sl.jpg

Soap: Pb TnT
Brush: 20mm Master Badger
Blade: Gillette Stainless (Red)
So far it looks like the Eclipse was made for the Nacet blade. By far the best shave was with that blade. Gillette Stainless did a good job but lacked the smoothness. I hope the blade performs in another razor as I've got 100 coming. There's one more blade in the lot that @Ferret619 supplied with the razor I'd like to try then I'll send it on it's way. Is @Rami next?

hVEySzIh.jpg

Soap: Pb Back Beet V2
Brush: Omega Boar 10083
Blade: Elios (1)
Last run with the Eclipse before sending on. Started on setting 3 for first pass which was quite aggressive. Felt good for that pass but was sporting a few weepers by the end of the shave despite going back to setting 1 for second pass and subsequent passes. In hind sight I should've kept to setting one for the whole shave but was interested in trying higher settings again. The Elios blade was nearly rivaling the Nacet and maybe would've if I'd kept to setting 1 but for the sake of my trial the Nacet wins with this razor.
I did a V2 of Back Beet to see if I could retain some of the brighter scents of the beetroot concentrate through the cook using techniques discussed with @bald as , which I think were successful to some extent. The soap produces a beautiful thick creamy lather which the Eclipse works with really nicely with it's open comb configuration.
Thank you @Ferret619 for the generous pass around of this razor. It has been an interesting trial for me and I will be hunting for one. As you said the Eclipse is probably not $280 plus worth (as they can go for on eBay) but if one can be tracked down for a reasonable price then I will jump on it as it has been such a easy to get along with razor that is intuitive and efficient.
The settings are a bit odd as an 'adjustable' as it just loosens the head off but definitely adds aggression to the higher settings (I only tried up to setting 3). I found the razor performed well for me on setting 1 so if I bought one would probably use it predominantly on that setting. Probably equivalent to setting 7 on a Slim or Fatboy.
The Spotted Pardalote I photographed the other day was hanging around while I was taking the photo. There is a pair and the male has a very clear resonant double note song. I was amazed at the volume generated by such a small bird. The call is not dissimilar to that of Bell birds.

Last edited:
The eagle has landed.

Let take this one for a drive.