The general watch talk discussion

What’s the go with the yellow faced Seiko

Picked it up off eBay for cheap-cheap about 4 years ago..... refurbished by some crowd in the Philippines I think it was.... $40 so even if its all fake parts I had a few years of good use out it :)

My SKX009s stem/crown felt very tight and like it was binding a little so I pulled the stem out and sorted it.
Have to say watch repair isn’t that hard ;)

I have had a loaner for a few days - Zelos Mako Bronze with the meteorite dial. Very nice, solid watch and I quite like it. Not sure if I would buy one however.

I have had a loaner for a few days - Zelos Mako Bronze with the meteorite dial. Very nice, solid watch and I quite like it. Not sure if I would buy one however.
Pics?
Have to say I have been really enjoying seeing all the bronze,copper and brass cased watches coming out lately.
Iirc the zelos is a chunk on a thing-
Really need big ol wrists to pull it off

My Invicta 9094ob arrived on Friday. No pics yet as I'm still waiting for my watch band tool to size it properly.
For the price though, I'm very impressed. I had a feeling that a 40mm watch would wear a bit bigger on the wrist, but it's a fair bit smaller than I thought (most of my other watches are 38mm or smaller vintage). For some reason I forgot that my Vostok Amphibia was the same size.
There are a couple of minor things I don't like much - one is the cyclops, which is something I don't really like on any watch anyway, and the other is the massive INVICTA etched into the side of the watch (opposite side of watch to the crown). I will attempt to remove the cyclops using a hairdryer and toothpick in the next few days, but think I am stuck with the INVICTA etching.

My Invicta 9094ob arrived on Friday. No pics yet as I'm still waiting for my watch band tool to size it properly.
For the price though, I'm very impressed. I had a feeling that a 40mm watch would wear a bit bigger on the wrist, but it's a fair bit smaller than I thought (most of my other watches are 38mm or smaller vintage). For some reason I forgot that my Vostok Amphibia was the same size.
There are a couple of minor things I don't like much - one is the cyclops, which is something I don't really like on any watch anyway, and the other is the massive INVICTA etched into the side of the watch (opposite side of watch to the crown). I will attempt to remove the cyclops using a hairdryer and toothpick in the next few days, but think I am stuck with the INVICTA etching.
Look forward to hearing how u like it

Look forward to hearing how u like it
It's a watch, it looks quite nice, I have natos and a bracelet coming to see which I prefer. If it keeps good time there's not much else to say about it.

Bit like most razors to tell the truth. (It looks quite nice, I have different blades coming for it...blah blah blah)

It's a watch, it looks quite nice, I have natos and a bracelet coming to see which I prefer. If it keeps good time there's not much else to say about it.

Bit like most razors to tell the truth. (It looks quite nice, I have different blades coming for it...blah blah blah)
Yeah that’s true.

@SpeedyPC please confirm @Mark1966 owns you now
I have no idea what's going on this watch topic because I don't have time to go back a re-read the whole topic again, I don't recall that @Mark1966 owns me at all and I can a sure you is possible that @Mark1966 may have been drinking too many good whisky when he's in a jolly good mood.

I have no idea what's going on this watch topic because I don't have time to go back a re-read the whole topic again, I don't recall that @Mark1966 owns me at all and I can a sure you is possible that @Mark1966 may have been drinking too many good whisky when he's in a jolly good mood.

No, no, no, not THAT kinda Speedy, this kinda Speedy -

But, hey, you knew that @Ferret619 !

Last edited:
Hmmmm...... I wonder what this could be???

pTurXDIl.png