The housing shuffle

I have been working on cleaning the old house for sale and have now engaged my agent to sell the I’ll place and he’s come back with a price substantially higher than I thought we would get, we will see if he’s right on the money.

we will see if he’s right on the money.
I can see @Ferret619 getting a new car :smuggrin:

giphy.gif

So we have been working tirelessly (and spent more than I’d like to admit, think 2 Rolex GMTs) on fixing up the old digs and we are due to have the contracts signed tomorrow by the buyers.

I have been working on cleaning the old house for sale and have now engaged my agent to sell the I’ll place and he’s come back with a price substantially higher than I thought we would get, we will see if he’s right on the money.

So we have been working tirelessly (and spent more than I’d like to admit, think 2 Rolex GMTs) on fixing up the old digs and we are due to have the contracts signed tomorrow by the buyers.

Hope the agent was on the money with the price!

Congrats. Does this mean you are mortgage free?

When you said earlier you hoped to be soon I started a little race inside my head looks like you won. We have about $10k to go which is pretty good seeing as we first bought 12 years ago with four kids and a single income. Since upgraded to 5ha and a new house.

Congrats. Does this mean you are mortgage free?

When you said earlier you hoped to be soon I started a little race inside my head looks like you won. We have about $10k to go which is pretty good seeing as we first bought 12 years ago with four kids and a single income. Since upgraded to 5ha and a new house.
@glenos That’s terrific- not many folk prioritise paying down the mortgage- I can see the argument for investing over paying down the mortgage given the current interest rates however...
zD6IBfp.jpg

It does reduce the threshold to getting that F.U money when the household outgoings have no housing payments..

Kind of a philosophy post for another forum really.

my wife and I started ours ten years ago to the month, we started as 21 year old kids and now we are parents to a wonderful son and have another due December- makes it all worthwhile really.

@glenos
Kind of a philosophy post for another forum really.

my wife and I started ours ten years ago to the month, we started as 21 year old kids and now we are parents to a wonderful son and have another due December- makes it all worthwhile really.
Fantastic. Congratulations. (y)

We had a sort of boom/bust household economy for about 20 years, but with a few strokes of good luck and (dare I say) good judgement, we've been mortgage free for 9 years. Well worth all the times when it was a struggle. I would NOT want to enter retirement without owning the roof over my head.

BTW, thanks for reminding me that we're not all ageing dotards on this forum :p

Thread Necro. I haven't been around here for a while, I tend to only hang out in one forum at a time and for "God knows why" I've been over at whingepool lately.

To update we reached a mortgage of $1 in Jan 2021. Haven't paid it off as the redraw balance feels like a nice big get me out of a pickle fund.

Now to work out how to get to FI so I can choose whether I turn up on Monday.

Speaking of houses, I don't know about anybody else but since getting deeper into this entire shaving hobby having more than one or two bathrooms has become a top goal in life. I mean it was always something I would like and had at the back of my mind but its definitely higher up on my list now and ever present in my mind. I think it also comes with age too.
Even though this thread is old as heck, I can't help but get excited for someone moving into a new home or renovating their bathroom. Imagine the possibilities!!

Just how many bathrooms is enough though? I mean you gotta have one just for yourself and all your shaving gear, one for the wife, one for the kids/general purpose and maybe one for guests... Okay I think I've lost it and this rabbit hole goes much much deeper than I thought.

Staying on topic, how has things progressed for you @Ferret619, did you achieve all your goals and more importantly did you take complete dominance over the bathroom and create a wet shavers haven. hahaha.

Speaking of houses, I don't know about anybody else but since getting deeper into this entire shaving hobby having more than one or two bathrooms has become a top goal in life.
I'm with you. A while back, I moved all my stuff down to the guest bathroom, so I can arrange everything the way I like it without interference from the "randomiser". Also I get to take as long as I like over my shave without interruptions spoiling the Zen moment...

I'm with you. A while back, I moved all my stuff down to the guest bathroom, so I can arrange everything the way I like it without interference from the "randomiser". Also I get to take as long as I like over my shave without interruptions spoiling the Zen moment...

hahaha, the next solution is to create an outhouse for your guests otherwise you'regoing to have to explain yourself. :LOL:
I approve!
Hahaha the "randomiser" lol
It's really an extension of the shaving experience. The older I get the more I appreciate the bathroom for being my little getaway.
I can't imagine what your guests would think when they see your bathroom set up. haha.

Speaking of houses, I don't know about anybody else but since getting deeper into this entire shaving hobby having more than one or two bathrooms has become a top goal in life. I mean it was always something I would like and had at the back of my mind but its definitely higher up on my list now and ever present in my mind. I think it also comes with age too.
Even though this thread is old as heck, I can't help but get excited for someone moving into a new home or renovating their bathroom. Imagine the possibilities!!

Just how many bathrooms is enough though? I mean you gotta have one just for yourself and all your shaving gear, one for the wife, one for the kids/general purpose and maybe one for guests... Okay I think I've lost it and this rabbit hole goes much much deeper than I thought.

Staying on topic, how has things progressed for you @Ferret619, did you achieve all your goals and more importantly did you take complete dominance over the bathroom and create a wet shavers haven. hahaha.
Honestly it’s worked out pretty great however my set up would be considered pleb spec compared to you guys-
I’ve often considered ripping the bathrooms (and kitchen) out in favour of modernising but my bias towards investing prevents me.

Honestly it’s worked out pretty great however my set up would be considered pleb spec compared to you guys-
I’ve often considered ripping the bathrooms (and kitchen) out in favour of modernising but my bias towards investing prevents me.

That's great to hear. I'm sure you do quite well for yourself and your set up is probably fine. (something something about it not being about the bigger the kit but how you use it haha)
Nah, I'm small fries here and live vicariously through others here hahaha.
I wish I had my own place, my own bathroom and even half of the vintage and new razors that are available these days.

You're onto a good thing and it sounds like you have it figured out. As long as you are happy and enjoy what you do and the space in which you live in.
You are the king of your castle and that's the way it should be.

Neighborhood looks nice too. I love the double garage too. The rockery looks cool too.
You've done well.

That's great to hear. I'm sure you do quite well for yourself and your set up is probably fine. (something something about it not being about the bigger the kit but how you use it haha)
Nah, I'm small fries here and live vicariously through others here hahaha.
I wish I had my own place, my own bathroom and even half of the vintage and new razors that are available these days.

You're onto a good thing and it sounds like you have it figured out. As long as you are happy and enjoy what you do and the space in which you live in.
You are the king of your castle and that's the way it should be.

Neighborhood looks nice too. I love the double garage too. The rockery looks cool too.
You've done well.

thanks for the kind words mate.
Honestly I’m staggered how much the housing market has changed since we settled. It’s gone bananas but hasn’t the world generally

thanks for the kind words mate.
Honestly I’m staggered how much the housing market has changed since we settled. It’s gone bananas but hasn’t the world generally

Hasn't it ever! It's hard to get your bearings sometimes. If anyone is making it out even or on top right now they should be bloody proud.