The Silversmith - My Take

Rhinehoth

... and these are a few of my favourite soaps.
bHtRFEX.jpg
onGiOmw.jpg
ksOBP7O.jpg
fAlUx6n.jpg

Fit and finish; This is a very well precision made razor. Finish is bead blasted and the razor blade is held firmly in place with no blade chatter. The handle probably would not be to everyone’s liking but I don’t mind it. The base plate has a circular recess that the handle fits into, but unlike the Masumane you can use other razor handles. Lastly, the razor tabs are not completely covered by the razor head.

Shave; This is a razor with a lot of blade feel; it didn’t bite me and I would compare it to the Feather AS-D2 in efficiency. In my opinion, the Mamba 70, Feather or Gamechanger .68 give smoother shaves with similar efficiency. I have an another Colonial razor (Brass General) which is far smoother, more efficient and less blade feel. I will try different razor blades and see if the shaves improve.

I have had few more shaves with this razor and found that you need to ride the cap. When you do that, the shave is much smoother and with a lot less blade feel. I also used Feather blades which the manufacturer recommends.