The single edge saga continues

Still at it

And still very very happy with the results - New blade in the SE and new Gillette 7 o'clock Blue in the DE - used some Bluebeards stuff and away I went. The SE did its usual "mow down the forest" trick re-lathered and let the Slim loose. Not the slightest smidgeon or blade of a whisker left - my face redefined the word "smooth". Next I shall try a different DE razor maybe a Flare or the Blue or Red tip just to see.
Boring I know but thought I would share anyway.
Will try straight DE and straight SE again soon as well cause maybe my technique is just improving. Such fun.

And still very very happy with the results - New blade in the SE and new Gillette 7 o'clock Blue in the DE - used some Bluebeards stuff and away I went. The SE did its usual "mow down the forest" trick re-lathered and let the Slim loose. Not the slightest smidgeon or blade of a whisker left - my face redefined the word "smooth". Next I shall try a different DE razor maybe a Flare or the Blue or Red tip just to see.
Boring I know but thought I would share anyway.
Will try straight DE and straight SE again soon as well cause maybe my technique is just improving. Such fun.

I tried it the other way round. ABC for the frist pass and Bullet tip for the second. Couldn't really notice much difference with the ususal two pass SE to be honest. ABC's a very nice open comb by the way. I do think with a two or three day growth an SE is easier on the first pass. Seems to mow it down a lot easier.

Just to prove I am not biased, tonight was DE night - had a Gillette Blue in the Slim dialled it out to 7 and went for 2 passes. Physically nearly as good as the TM still left a tiny bit of bristle to touch up. And a nice bleeder on the chin! Psychologically nowhere near as much fun. There is something primitively appealing about the scrape of the SE blade on the first pass so there you are the TM could be all in the mind! (Still dont think so but then I am biased).

Next shave is a 2 pass SE. (i am sure you can hardly wait) :)

Just to prove I am not biased, tonight was DE night - had a Gillette Blue in the Slim dialled it out to 7 and went for 2 passes. Physically nearly as good as the TM still left a tiny bit of bristle to touch up. And a nice bleeder on the chin! Psychologically nowhere near as much fun. There is something primitively appealing about the scrape of the SE blade on the first pass so there you are the TM could be all in the mind! (Still dont think so but then I am biased).

Next shave is a 2 pass SE. (i am sure you can hardly wait) :)

Good to see the Masochist Shavers Guild is still operating!

Good to see the Masochist Shavers Guild is still operating!
Well, they were 4 years ago when the lamented GT last posted in this thread.
/GT is not actually lamented as that would mean something else entirely, but he had (almost) ceased to post (rather than ceased to exist which is the actual meaning)