The Wolfman has landed...

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
...right here in my bathroom.
Wow, in the flesh it certainly looks great. I went with the Basic/Polished and it's a beauty.
I can't imagine what a mirror polish must look like if a Basic polish is this good.
Loaded up with a 'Winner' blade for first shave tomorrow morning.
This the Dual Comb 1.15 SB/1.15 OC baseplate.
I suppose you want a piccy?

Gee..@StratMan must be getting close now too.

firstly congratulations on your razor mate, she looks beautiful, i am eagerly awaiting your analysis of the wolf against the timeless (both 0.95 and 0.68) and karve razors.

I got my order email this morning and need to decide on the blade gap only, the rest has been chosen.

Yes those are the 'Winner' blades.
I know how smooth the blade is. I'm interested in how it performs in the WR2.
I want to see if the WR2 geometry allows that blade to cut a wee bit more efficiently.
By keeping the same gap I'm looking to see if the SB or OC is better/smoother/more efficient, etc.
Then I'll know what to order next time!

Yes those are the 'Winner' blades.
I know how smooth the blade is. I'm interested in how it performs in the WR2.
I want to see if the WR2 geometry allows that blade to cut a wee bit more efficiently.
By keeping the same gap I'm looking to see if the SB or OC is better/smoother/more efficient, etc.
Then I'll know what to order next time!

Next time?

Congratulations @Blackie - stunning (y)

Have to stock up now before @StratMan and I have our 2021 Sabbatical!
giphy.gif

Had the first shave today. Winner blade, Arlington soap.
What to report?
It feels great in the hand. I like the solid handle (and I'm sure I wouldn't like the hollow handle).
Shaves closer than the Karve #D SB plate. Similar to the Timeless .95 OC, but has better face feel for me.
I could swipe the razor around my face and not feel that it was wanting to bite me. No blood, no weepers, just a nice audible sigh of the whiskers being mowed down.
For @StratMan I would say...solid handle, dual comb plate. Probably a 1.15 OC and 1.25 SB would be what you need.
Both sides would be OK for you to use with the 1.15 OC for general use, and the 1.25 SB for those times you want to get a bit closer.
I noticed no real difference between the OC and SB sides regarding the face feel. The OC is as smooth feeling as my Timeless .68 OC.
I don't know that I would like to go more than 1.25 for my whiskers. YMMV.
I hope I haven't confused anyone re the gap they will want in their Wolfman.
I enjoyed my shave. Certainly a closer shave than my Karve #D plate, or Fatip Piccolo gives me (and that would probably be my most 'efficient' razor).

Had the first shave today. Winner blade, Arlington soap.
What to report?
It feels great in the hand. I like the solid handle (and I'm sure I wouldn't like the hollow handle).
Shaves closer than the Karve #D SB plate. Similar to the Timeless .95 OC, but has better face feel for me.
I could swipe the razor around my face and not feel that it was wanting to bite me. No blood, no weepers, just a nice audible sigh of the whiskers being mowed down.
For @StratMan I would say...solid handle, dual comb plate. Probably a 1.15 OC and 1.25 SB would be what you need.
Both sides would be OK for you to use with the 1.15 OC for general use, and the 1.25 SB for those times you want to get a bit closer.
I noticed no real difference between the OC and SB sides regarding the face feel. The OC is as smooth feeling as my Timeless .68 OC.
I don't know that I would like to go more than 1.25 for my whiskers. YMMV.
I hope I haven't confused anyone re the gap they will want in their Wolfman.
I enjoyed my shave. Certainly a closer shave than my Karve #D plate, or Fatip Piccolo gives me (and that would probably be my most 'efficient' razor).

glad your inaugural shave turned great, so does it fit between the T68OC and the T95OC? this is what your were after?

I had an excellent shave today with the R41 and have had a few suggestions on a DC 1.15 and 1.35.

While shaving i was thinking about a DC and i enjoy shaving while using both sides equally during the shave, this way i can get more passes in before i rinse and also dont have to think about which side is which during the shave so a DC is out of the question for me.

In theory i shouldn't have any issues with the 1.35 considering the R41 is good for me and the 1.15 sounds like it will be enough to do the job. So i am thinking a 1.25 is the way to go which should give me efficiency in the area between the T95 SB and R41 while being smoother than the T95 SB.

In regards to the weight, does it feel as heavy as the Timeless you have? and why do you think i wont like the hollow handle?

I just like the weight of a solid handle. As much as I love my wee NEW SC it feels like a toy to use. So light.
I prefer the solidity of a heavy handle. A hollow handle would make the razor head heavy, which you might like.
My kitchen scales say 125g for either razor.
I'm used to a DC as I have an Ikon Shavecraft 101. Used it for many years before joining this forum and going mad!
The WR2 1.15 fits as a replacement for the Timeless .95 OC I think, but it 'feels' better. Smoother or more gentle on my face but mows the whiskers down.
You said..."So i am thinking a 1.25 is the way to go which should give me efficiency in the area between the T95 SB and R41 while being smoother than the T95 SB".
Yes, probably right. I have never used an R41 so can't comment on that but my reckoning about the 1.15 being 'about' a Timeless .95 (but smoother face feel), means that the 1.25 may be just what you need.

totally understand what you mean by heavier handles giving a more 'premium' feel to the razor.

The R41 with stock handle is only 72g and feels 'fake' when i add the yaqi handle it brings the weight up to 98g making it feel more 'premium' to me.

The T95 is 132g and WR hollow = 97g, WR solid=127g so both a hollow and solid handle falls between ranges i am already used to.

I feel that weight adds efficiency to a razor, so i am going to try the R41 + T BP handle = 122g and if i can handle a super aggressive head with a heavy handle i should be ok with the solid.

I know i am going to the nth degree and probably over analyzing this build but honestly i dont have the money to throw around and really want to make this as perfect as i can, otherwise i will putting my name down for another head as soon as i order this one lol