They're good but...

The green are very mild and smooth. I don't think your going to get a milder and smoother combo than this in a blade.

Hate to be the one to say it, maybe it's the razor that's too aggressive for you! Try not going above setting 2. Even setting 2 is quite efficient.

Maybe another razor would be to your liking?:unsure:

Speaking from experience most adjustables that I have tried all shave harsh above setting #3. I have tried Minghsi/Qshave; Parker Variant and Yintal 3000s and they all shaved similar on the higher settings despite attempts to use a milder or sharper blade...

Yes they are blame the Croatian grandparents
Mate you'll struggle to get an efficient shave trying a GC 84P so save your $$$ and try a Lupo 95 as reviews state its a great shaver or better yet grab a Rocca and you'll be happy as a fabulous daily shaver that's smooth and efficient for those with Mediterranean growth :)

samson sticks both lupo’s 95 & 72
As @StratMan correctly states both Lupo's are available from Vshod and good value as buying them direct from RazoRock/Italian Barber can be pricey as shipping costs are frankly a rip off.

not to mention supporting an Aussie wet shaving business (y)
Most definitely as Sampson is know for his wonderful customer service and generosity as in my experience he always throws in extra freebies ;)

@Razor Burn lupo 95 is the one Samson stocks at Vshod?

Mate you'll struggle to get an efficient shave trying a GC 84P so save your $$$ and try a Lupo 95 as reviews state its a great shaver or better yet grab a Rocca and you'll be happy as a fabulous daily shaver that's smooth and efficient for those with Mediterranean growth :)

You could also consider the RR Hawk V3, also available at vshod. The AC blades make short work of heavy growth. I'd suggest the OC if you only shave your face.

@erobins if you are stuck on which to get, the Lupo DC has a 72 OC side and a 95 SB side. I prefer the 72 OC personally, very efficient and not too harsh. I'm also a big fan of the GC .84-P SB, but you can always grab the OC or JAWS plate for it, which is increasingly more aggressive (SB > OC > JAWS). The GC .84-P is my best shave for every shaving every second day

What a rabbit hole. I think the Lupo 95 keep it simple
giphy.gif

Speaking from experience most adjustables that I have tried all shave harsh above setting #3. I have tried Minghsi/Qshave; Parker Variant and Yintal 3000s and they all shaved similar on the higher settings despite attempts to use a milder or sharper blade...

I was also going to recommend a vintage Gillette Slim. Seem as how vintage is already covered don't forget Pearl Flexi from Artisan Arcade or a Merkur Mergress/Progress