Tiger and Tatra blades

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Started a new thread so as not to derail the China blade thread.
At the moment we can't get blades from RBC, and they list the Tigers and Tatra discussed in the China blades thread.
So, I asked Czech Blades (the blade maker) about the blades and in particular the not often seen Tiger Superior (Teflon coated) blade.
They replied last night...

"...thank you for your e-mail and your interest.

Currently we produce following stainless steel blades:
Tiger Platinum and Tatra Platinum, both are teflon and platinum coated.
Tiger Superior blades are teflon coated only. It is just one blade we produce in this quality now, but in future we plan to add Tatra Superior blades too.
Leon blades are made of carbon steel.
They are not so ideal for shaving as our stainless steel blades.
If you would like to test some of them I can recommend you to buy them from Razor blades club, because our minimum order qty is one box with 10.000 blades.

Please contact me if you have another questions.
Wishing you a nice day!
Best regards
Lenka
Czech Blades"

So...maybe some of us should get our heads around buying direct from Czech Blades as can't get from RBC for any time soon?
10,000 blades amongst how many other members who want some...maybe 1,000 or 500 blades each?
Or, does some kind vendor member want to buy a box and take orders for some (100 Tiger Superior and 100 Tatra for me please).

Tiger blades are available locally. There is an ebay seller located in Darwin I think. I purchased 200 Tiger premuim platiunum coated blades early this year.

To me they shave very similar to the Gillette 7 oclock Super Stainless. A decent middle ground blade for smoothness and sharpness.

Stay away from the old Tiger and Leon blades. They are the Sh*test of the sh*t. Should only be used for embroidery and non shaving purposes.

Last edited: