2018 Tim Keech Memorial auction for the Cancer Council

Last July Paste & Cut was hit by the terrible loss of @Draco Noir/Tim Keech - after a very long battle against liver cancer.

Tim was not only a great member here, but one of the finest human beings one could ever hope to encounter in life.

In order to honour him and to raise funds for the Cancer Council Australia the team here at Paste & Cut has decided to run a series of charity auctions in mid July.

The auctions will run from Thursday July.12 until Sunday July.15

We have some cracking items up for grabs - and I mean CRACKING/UNOBTAINIUM - so please keep your wallets tight until then and save your pennies so you can bid as high as possible.

All funds will be donated by the winners directly to the cancer council Australia and our Vendors/Artisans are donating 100% the prices and shipping costs within Australia!

And for those of you on sabbatical: these auctions are of course exempt ;)

Here just a small teaser...

DzVlNjA.jpg
A splendid initiative - well done to @alfredus, @Monsta_AU, @todras and others involved.

I could, but don't you like some suspension :D

And @todras has already let his cat out of the bag, so you know already one auction ;)

But because it is Sunday, I'll drop another hint: underneath the bubble wrap are...2 boxes :ROFLMAO:

So quiet here...so let's get your juices going a bit...how spectacular is this beauty - really wants me to change over to the dark side
JRzrmuG.jpg

This is an awesome iniciative!!
most of us (humans) will have cancer close (in my case, my mumy had breast cancer a few years ago, she is ok now), we will suffer it ourself or our beloved. Every cent that can be donated, granted or gone there though auctions is really important, no matter if it goes for research, or for supporting the sick.

Hey @alfredus given the cost (and rarity) of some of the lots I think it is a great idea to give people a few weeks advance notice so that they can save their funds and prepare financially for the calibre of the lots being offered. To be fair most of the items you have previewed are very valuable given their excellent condition and completeness.

I think too this will help everyone to research the items (and their likely cost) and also ensure the auction raises as much money as possible for the charity concerned.

Just my 0.02 :)

PS: Sweet Mother of God that cased Hoffritz slant!!!

Last edited:
The auction guidelines will be will be released well before the auctions, so you can familiarise yourself well in advance. But basically they will run over a three day period (July 12-15) so there is plenty of chance to bid multiple times. And should there be last minute bids, the auctions times will be extended in order to prevent so called "snipping"

As for the auctions themselves, maybe we could release some descriptions from next week onwards...

But as @todras has pointed out: save your pennies!