2018 Tim Keech Memorial auction for the Cancer Council

Oh, and while we are at it, maybe you are looking for a new brush?

pqv6hT3.jpg

As for the auctions themselves, maybe we could release some descriptions from next week onwards...

Auctions with highly valuable and sort after items traditionally produce a catalog at least a month prior to the hammer falling (often longer) as this allows bidders and interested parties to research the items, determine authenticity, ascertain a likely reserve and the approximate price the item is likely to sell for after thoroughly investigating the market and researching recent sales. There is no suggestion whatsoever as to authenticity, these are just the principles that guide auctions I am laying out.

As this is charity auction involving the P&C community I strongly believe that the values and principles of equity must have a seat at the table. It's only my personal opinion, but please hear me out my friend even if it is in the hypothetical!

The application of equity in these circumstances simply stated, is the notion that all parties should have an equal, fair and even chance at securing for themselves some truly valuable and very rare pieces.While many of us already know the value, desirability and rarity of the items that will be auctioned many of our newer or less experienced members in all probability will not. Given a short amount of time to peruse and evaluate the lots they are then placed at a disadvantage by virtue of lacking experience.

By providing a full catalog of the lots to be auctioned as soon as possible, we afford equity to our fellow members. Doing this is not only equitable, but will greatly assist in realising the highest possible prices for each lot as more members will be fully informed as to the serious investment potential.

Some lots will be costly but the last 5 or 6 years has seen a phenomenal increase and appreciation in the value of many vintage razors and I anticipate the bidding here will be intense.

I deeply appreciate the immense amount of personal time you are contributing in organising the lots, the logistics and the auction itself and this post should be taken in the context of me expressing my personal opinion to you as a friend and someone who I respect but simply in a public arena - I was going to email you my thoughts, but I know how intelligent, reasonable and rational you are therefore I felt it unnecessary.

You have no end of gratitude and thanks for facilitating the sale of these lots for the charity nominated by Tim's family from me.

Respect mate :)

Dan

Last edited:
Highly agree @todras

Point very articulately made.

I am not as emenshed in the wet shaving scene so more time to do research as ask questions the better

All you can shall bid on it. Even if I am almost thinking on moving to live in my car as I have had no income for some months and I am waiting to have it reinstated, bt the time and expenses make me truly broke, and completely broke, I'll try to bid if on time I have money for it!
Fer

Is this open beyond Australia?

Up until now all items are open for international bidders, but might attract extra shipping costs. It only depends on the donator.

This will be described in every auction separately :)

@Monsta_AU probably has been confirmed already, yet are those on a sabbatical afforded a free pass on this?

Nice!
OK. I'll Bite: What is "Fête au Citron"? Is it old? Or is it from next season?

I believe it was originally released in the Australian summer 2016/2017 (Jan.2017 I think) - not sure if there is a comeback planed so definitely unobtainium ;)