Timeless .95 OC back in rotation.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
My first shave today with the new .95 OC plate (stainless, polished), and a Gillette Black (x3).
I sold my previous plate when I first bought the Timeless. Didn't like the face feel, but it did shave close.
But...on this ever changing voyage of wet shaving discovery you lot introduced me to better soaps.
Hmmm, my Proraso is crap, so is that Razorock stuff (Bay Rum from memory).
Now I am into Stirling and The Gentleman's Quarter soaps I realised that I like a more assertive razor.
Use the stainless Karve SB plates #E, #F, and #G all the time...with #F being my usual.
So I figured I'd like to have a Timeless .95 OC plate back in the collection again.
Bought a new one as I have read that lately some buyers through Timeless 'Scratch & Dent' were getting really bad looking pieces delivered.
So...the shave.
It was certainly smoother than I remember. I had to look to make sure I hadn't put the .68 OC plate on by mistake.
Well, that's the difference a decent soap makes I guess.
Close for sure, but nothing that the Karve doesn't deliver.
But the Timeless (polished) is a better looking razor I reckon.
Now I have the Timeless all sorted, the Karve with a bunch of plates to choose from (#C to #G SB), and the Rocca I really don't need those Techs, Black Beauty, etc anymore.
For now its Timeless, Karve, and Rocca to choose from with the odd foray for the Fatip Piccolo.
Was the .95 OC plate worth the price? Yes, sure was.
Not aggressive as such. I was surprised at the smoothness of the face feel after what I could remember from my previous time with the .95 OC.
Have bunged in a new Yellow for tomorrow. When that's gone it will be a Feather.
To be fair...if I didn't have the Timeless then the stainless Karve would really be all I ever needed.
But wants and needs are different beasties. I don't need another Wolfman either...but I want one!

glad you like it @Blackie... this also happens to me with many razors, dont really love the razor on first shave (except for the rocca) but found that the razor turns out ok. This was especially the case with the WR2, I was so close to selling but kept at it only due to its beauty.. now I love it

u want (and need) a WR2 1.25, its next step up in efficiency to the Timeless 95 (SB)

You guys are all to aggressive for me. I realised today the Piccolo is at the maximum end of my comfort range and just getting into too aggressive territory