Timeless Bronze 0.78 OC

StratMan

hey guys.. i am so impressed with the 0.95 SB timeless, i am considering going for the 0.78 Bronze OC. From what i have read, it is quite a step up from the 0.95 OC, just wondering if anyone here has got one and how it compares to the 0.95

no ones got the bronze?
Hi @StratMan - I own both Bronze versions but sadly I'm yet to try any of the other SS/Titanium versions :( As for the OC, due to the design of the teeth on the comb it tends to have distinct blade feel akin to shaving with the R41. I prefer the SB for 'daily' use and would only use the OC on a few days growth as it's just a tad too much bite for my face.
Still a lovely razor that lives up to Timeless' reputation and I believe the head is slightly smaller in comparison with the non Bronze range... :cautious:

Hi @Razor Burn thanks for you reply. Unfortunately i have not yet shaved with a R41 so dont know what that would feel like. Have you shaved with a rockwell 6C/6S? if so how do both bronze's compare?

Hi @Razor Burn thanks for you reply. Unfortunately i have not yet shaved with a R41 so dont know what that would feel like. Have you shaved with a rockwell 6C/6S? if so how do both bronze's compare?
I own the 6S and love the ease and smooth shaves it provides me, especially on the R4 plate but R5 & R6 shave very similarily. I find the Bronze shares the weight of the 6S but my major criticism would be the finish can easily stain if you don't clean it properly, especially under the cap around the posts.

The OC shaves aggressive but thats due to the square combs and distict blade feel. Once you master the technique it shaves smooth and offers a nice efficient shave. As stated earlier I could easily use the SB daily and only grab out the OC plate when I've had a weeks growth. You'd get away with every 2nd day but the blade feel is very clear so extra care is necessary to avoid nicks/weepers and irritation.

The Bronze lives up to Timeless' reputation but in hindsight I get as good a shave with the 6S and I'd probably just keep the OC for times when I'm super lazy and need something that easily mowes down my coarse beard on par with my R41. If you already own a Timeless SS than I don't really see the benefit of owning a Bronze version as the price point doesn't justify the quality of shaves and cheaper options are available such as the Karve which sell both SB & OC (I'll look to try the OC in the future) at a fraction of the cost and finish/shave wise it's an awesome alternative...

@Razor Burn you got me thinking now. I love the timeless and their quality and I guess the reason i was going for the bronze timeless instead of the 0.95 OC plate was because i could basically get a whole razor for around the price the SS plate would cost.

but now you mentioned the karve OC (i forgot they made one) i had a look on their site and to me it looks amazing. I also got the chance to shave with a Karve in the pass-around thanks to @Nico. I remember really loving the look and feel of this razor and if not for the wolfie in the pass-around i would of got one for sure. my only gripe with that was i found the D plate quite mild which can be easily fixed with a plate change.

considering the price and exchange rate of CAD, will go for a karve.. only question is what plate should i get with the OC

I am also wondering if the D plate was enough but i may of been shaving wrong with it?

@Razor Burn you got me thinking now. I love the timeless and their quality and I guess the reason i was going for the bronze timeless instead of the 0.95 OC plate was because i could basically get a whole razor for around the price the SS plate would cost.

but now you mentioned the karve OC (i forgot they made one) i had a look on their site and to me it looks amazing. I also got the chance to shave with a Karve in the pass-around thanks to @Nico. I remember really loving the look and feel of this razor and if not for the wolfie in the pass-around i would of got one for sure. my only gripe with that was i found the D plate quite mild which can be easily fixed with a plate change.

considering the price and exchange rate of CAD, will go for a karve.. only question is what plate should i get with the OC

I am also wondering if the D plate was enough but i may of been shaving wrong with it?

Not to confuse you, much, but @Razor Burn lent me his Timeless Bronze OC some time back and it was fantastic. I haven't used a Karve but I wouldn't mind betting the finish and performance of the Timeless would add up to a little more finesse. I don't remember the price of the Timeless being outrageous but of course dollars will factor in.

hey @Pbgoose

Its a tough one, the finish of the timeless would be a thing of beauty for sure, would have one over the karve in that dept but I def like the look of the karve..

the timeless bronze isn’t too bad in price, little more but certainly not a deal breaker.. $110 US for 2nds returns and $140 US for new.

From what I have been told by other members their ‘2nds’ from timeless were perfect so no prob order there

Just a matter of if is too much with aggressiveness

Hard choices mate but whatever you decide I'm sure you'll have many a happy shave! The Bronze OC shaves great with blade feel but not too much that it provides a harsh shave. Sadly I've only tried the Karve on the SB D plate which for me is a closer shave than the 6S on R6 plate. A super smooth efficient DE and I look forward to trying an OC plate later on. It also polishes up very nice, not of the level of the Bronze but still nice :)

researching forums to find what your after just seems to make things worse.. if I wasn’t confused already I am also considering a r41 and a fatip piccolo :banghead::banghead:

researching forums to find what your after just seems to make things worse.. if I wasn’t confused already I am also considering a r41 and a fatip piccolo :banghead::banghead:
I’ve got both of those and I still recommend you go for the Timeless Bronze OC. Both good razors but not in same league as the Timeless.

I’ve got both of those and I still recommend you go for the Timeless Bronze OC. Both good razors but not in same league as the Timeless.

I think i get one it may be this. Had a shave with the timeless 0.95 SB this morning and it got rid of 3 days growth (considerable for me) with absolute ease. Not even sure why i am still looking for a razor lol either way if i do will prob be the bronze timeless, the quality of the 0.95 is amazing as would be the bronze

Hard choices mate but whatever you decide I'm sure you'll have many a happy shave! The Bronze OC shaves great with blade feel but not too much that it provides a harsh shave. Sadly I've only tried the Karve on the SB D plate which for me is a closer shave than the 6S on R6 plate. A super smooth efficient DE and I look forward to trying an OC plate later on. It also polishes up very nice, not of the level of the Bronze but still nice :)

this is the thing hey, blade feel. I have borrowed a mates fatip noce so will see how this goes. Not sure how it relates to the fatip piccolo but will at least give me a sense of blade feel and if i like it. The 0.95 has no blade feel to me and is a super smooth razor.

Was supposed to shave with the fatip this morning but forgot the dam thing at home. Reckon i will wait till next monday for a bit of growth and try shaving with it and see how we go from there.

FWIW, I've reached out to both companies for pre-sales support, to no avail.

Ah good old RAD! Being a member of P&C doesn't help as the more you read the reviews/SOTD posts, the more you want to try the latest new shinny thing... If the .95 SB gives you super smooth, comfortable, efficient shaves than no point getting the Bronze and saving your hard earned cash instead ... I just wish I followed this when I started out... o_O

The Karve stainless is getting closer so maybe drop your hard earned on one of these with an E & F plate, open or closed comb....

Stirling SS looks also VERY efficient...

I think i get one it may be this. Had a shave with the timeless 0.95 SB this morning and it got rid of 3 days growth (considerable for me) with absolute ease. Not even sure why i am still looking for a razor lol either way if i do will prob be the bronze timeless, the quality of the 0.95 is amazing as would be the bronze

What blade did you have in it? I had a feather in the 0.95 titanium SB and thought it was a little too harsh and switched back to the 0.68 SB for the ATG finish. That was for a daily shave.

I'm finding the Astra's a good fit and easily available but they're not quite as thin or stainless as the Feather. Polsilver's & Kai's are not readily available. Wouldn't mind trying the Brass so appreciate the reviews.

What blade did you have in it? I had a feather in the 0.95 titanium SB and thought it was a little too harsh and switched back to the 0.68 SB for the ATG finish. That was for a daily shave.

I'm finding the Astra's a good fit and easily available but they're not quite as thin or stainless as the Feather. Polsilver's & Kai's are not readily available. Wouldn't mind trying the Brass so appreciate the reviews.

I have never tried astra's yet, but have tried feathers in a few razors, including my 0.95 SB. To me, these blades are very sharp but also not very smooth, i didnt like the feather in the 0.95, i use and absolutely love the Polsilver blade in all my razors, especially in the timeless.

These are quite sharp but are extremely smooth..

in saying this, the blade is part of the solution the pressure is the other. Even with the polsilver blades, i couldnt shave every day with my timeless when i got it.. It took me 2-3 weeks to learn about using no pressure correctly when i shave and now that combo with correct technique is perfect... let us know how you get along

polsilvers are easily available online.. i just bought another set of 100 from a guy here in Australia.