Timeless Bronze 0.78 OC

Ah good old RAD! Being a member of P&C doesn't help as the more you read the reviews/SOTD posts, the more you want to try the latest new shinny thing... If the .95 SB gives you super smooth, comfortable, efficient shaves than no point getting the Bronze and saving your hard earned cash instead ... I just wish I followed this when I started out... o_O

the more i read this the more sense it makes.. but do you think it will stop me :)

to make things worse, today i found out about the all stainless steel Edwin Jagger that is soon to be released :love: apparently it is only half step down in efficiency of the 0.95 timeless and super smooth.. I love the look and feel of my DE89 but sadly it gets no use due to it being so dam mild

the more i read this the more sense it makes.. but do you think it will stop me :)

to make things worse, today i found out about the all stainless steel Edwin Jagger that is soon to be released :love: apparently it is only half step down in efficiency of the 0.95 timeless and super smooth.. I love the look and feel of my DE89 but sadly it gets no use due to it being so dam mild
Yeah it didn't stop me... :) My understanding is that the new EJ is an SS head with an aluminium handle in different colours? Not sure its really worth the price tag but YMMV. Good luck making a decision mate (y)

Yeah it didn't stop me... :) My understanding is that the new EJ is an SS head with an aluminium handle in different colours? Not sure its really worth the price tag but YMMV. Good luck making a decision mate (y)

there are two types.. a full SS cap, plate and handle with knurling and the other is a SS head with aluminium body, these are the coloured ones.

I am not sure what to do.. but at least i have somehow managed to exercise some self control. At the moment i am getting fantastic results from the timeless so in no hurry.. will wait till the EJ SS comes out and read the reviews.

was going to give the fatip a crack shortly, that will at least help me form an opinion on blade feel.. if i find i dont like blade feel and the EJ has the efficiency of a rockwell on R6 i may go for that otherwise it will be the bronze timeless i reckon

there are two types.. a full SS cap, plate and handle with knurling and the other is a SS head with aluminium body, these are the coloured ones.

I am not sure what to do.. but at least i have somehow managed to exercise some self control. At the moment i am getting fantastic results from the timeless so in no hurry.. will wait till the EJ SS comes out and read the reviews.

was going to give the fatip a crack shortly, that will at least help me form an opinion on blade feel.. if i find i dont like blade feel and the EJ has the efficiency of a rockwell on R6 i may go for that otherwise it will be the bronze timeless i reckon
Thanks for the clarification. It's so hard to keep up as it almost seems like a new SS DE is released every few months :) Looking forward to reading your thoughts on the fatip as I'm yet to try it and it was tempting back in my earlier days but I have more than enough gear to see the year out... Happy shaves!

didnt get a chance to use the fatip, should of done so today with 4 days of wire like bristles. The 0.95 timeless half struggled with the first pass..

anyway today i bit the bullet and ordered a Muhle R41, see how that goes

of course the potential for a bronze OC timeless for xmas is still on schedule

Should you like the R41 the timeless is certainly not going to cut it ;)

In the modern DE world I'd say the ATT H plates come close, else maybe look at a modern single edge (is the Mongoose still available?) that uses the longer barber style SE blades

Should you like the R41 the timeless is certainly not going to cut it ;)

In the modern DE world I'd say the ATT H plates come close, else maybe look at a modern single edge (is the Mongoose still available?) that uses the longer barber style SE blades

I have read the 0.78 Timeless OC is comparable to the R41, have you shaved with both?

hopefully, the R41 will either scare me off super aggressive razors or cure my RAD with them, sadly i dont feel either of those will come true

I have read the 0.78 Timeless OC is comparable to the R41, have you shaved with both?

hopefully, the R41 will either scare me off super aggressive razors or cure my RAD with them, sadly i dont feel either of those will come true
Of all my DEs the closest comparision to feel with the R41 is the Blackland Dart, Timeless Bronze OC and the iKon Tech but I'm yet to complete a full shave with it as it's too much blade feel for my liking. Same with the PAA Alpha Ecliptic Slant :mask: All 3 shave well but the R41 for me offers a closer shave as evident by the slower growth but YMMV. As @alfredus states you're best trying a straight for super close BBS results or try the right blade combo which is proven and master your technique as practice makes perfect and you'll be surprised what a minor difference can make! Hapy shaves!

thanks @Razor Burn wise words but you know what its like, especially in such a varied YMMV hobby as ours..

unless i try, i will never know and the eternal thought of not knowing is worse than a bad purchase, especially for $50

in regards to straights, Just the thought of one brings images of re-decorating the bathroom once a jugular is hit.. i dont think i can ever bring myself to use a straight

will post my thoughts here after my first shave..

awesome... simply beautiful, will give this baby a good test ride with tomorrows shave.. held of shaving for the past two days, so 3 days of wires to cut through

swapped out the stock handle for the rockwell 6c and i do much prefer the weight of the 6C handle on it.

Not sure on which handle to use at this point..

48090106946_466e2a6d0a_c.jpg

48090201642_296bd3ac1b_c.jpg

@Davec36 @SpeedyPC @nav1

hey guys, you all made a comment in another thread regarding swapping out the original handle from the R41, just wondering what was it about the stock handle you didnt like or what improved with the swapped handles?

@Davec36 @SpeedyPC @nav1

hey guys, you all made a comment in another thread regarding swapping out the original handle from the R41, just wondering what was it about the stock handle you didnt like or what improved with the swapped handles?

Oh, I only mentioned it because I read your comment about bulldog VS Rockwell handles.

The R41, being very aggressive, actually benefits from the lighter hollow handle it comes with.

I only ever used the v1 R41, which was horrendously aggressive and i could never imagine putting a heavier handle on it.

@Davec36 @SpeedyPC @nav1

The heavier handle is better than the hollow light handle, because, by allowing the weight of the whole razor with a heavy handle to do the cutting without applying any pressure (zero pressure) on your face. Just let the weight of the razor do all the work.

And watch your angle during your shave, otherwise you end up having a blood bath shave.

Last edited:
The heavier handle is better than the hollow light handle, because, by allowing the weight of the whole razor with a heavy handle to do the cutting without applying any pressure (zero pressure) on your face. Just let the weight of the razor do all the work.

And watch your angle during your shave, otherwise you end up having a blood bath shave.

Thanks speedy what angle u recommend? Handle closer to face, further or 45?

Thanks speedy what angle u recommend? Handle closer to face, further or 45?
Ride the top cap and try and keep the handle further away, because, when shaving the handle closer to your face is like scraping your skin off like a potato peeler.

Riding the base plate must be completely zero pressure.

79957-EE7-0903-401-F-9923-5-A17-FCEDCC61.jpg

Last edited:
Ride the top cap and try and keep the handle further away, because, when shaving the handle closer to your face is like scraping your skin off like a potato peeler.

Riding the base plate must be completely zero pressure.

79957-EE7-0903-401-F-9923-5-A17-FCEDCC61.jpg
That looks like murder right there...

On my way to work and I got butterflies.. haha.. can’t wait to shave but also bit concerned :)
Don't worry, a P&C rep can be arranged to attend your funeral. :)
I think the R41's aggressiveness is over reported. It's not that bad. Just don't start with a Feather blade, something milder. Any new razor you'll start cautiously anyway until you get to know it.

@Pbgoose already shaved with it mate.. all good.. posted in the SOTD thread this morning, love this razor, going to give it another try tomorrow morning to gauge if it can be a daily driver

original post:
was all set to start the shave with the stock handle but changed to the rockwell handle last minitue from some handy advice from @SpeedyPC .. loaded with a fresh polsilver blade.

wow did i learn a few things today!!! i got a good appreciation of what a difference angle can make and also now understand what blade feel is.

Was set to tacke a 3 day wirey beard, first pass, WTG pass with zero touch pressure,. I was amazed at how much hair the R41 mowed down on the first pass.. at first my angle was a bit too steep, with the handle to close to the face and felt a bit of scraping. Quickly adjusted to an angle more with riding the cap and it smoothed out immediately.. i was very impressed.

lathered up and went for the second pass XTG and again wow.. i was totally suprised at how smooth, comfortable and efficient the razor was.. I could of easily stopped here with an excellent DFS but i am forever the BBS chaser and went for it.

I was a little apprehensive to go ATG as i had read many comments of things going bad, but i had to know. WOW!!! again super smooth and the results were amazing. Super close BBS, even in my trouble areas around the neck / adams apple...

After those 3 passes plus a light touch up, my face felt fine, no razor burn evident. Applied the splash and confirmed that the shave ended up the closest i have ever had, comfortable, no nicks or cuts, no burn.. i love this razor!!!

48094800892_1bb3a57e9e_b.jpg