Timeless bronze compared to stainless.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
I'm revisiting my wee stash of razors now that I have uncovered a few of them lurking in dark corners of my garage.
I would ideally like to try a .95 plate again (OC or SCL) on my stainless razor (I have put up a 'Wanted' thread about this).
Or, do I just get a bronze razor complete?
How do the plates compare between the stainless and bronze razors?
What would a bronze equivalent be to the stainless .95 plate?
I think I read somewhere that the plates will interchange but that the gaps are totally different between bronze and stainless?
Thanks.

Unfortunately I declined the chance to try the .68 or .95 plates but can share my experience using both Bronze plates. Until recently the Bronze .78 OC was the most aggressive plate but this has since changed with the Slim versions.
The Bronze OC has decent blade feel due to the square comb and once you dial it in it shaves super close just like the R41 - too harsh for daily shaving but great to mow down a few days growth in a couple passes.

The Bronze SB reminds me of the Rockwell 6S as its handle heavy and shaves smoothly like R4 plate so a daily shaver but not efficient enough for my thick growth.

As I suggested to @StratMan I'm not sure the Bronze OC would meet your needs seeing that you already own some great shaving razors and in all honesty I doubt the .95 gap will out shave the Karve or WR2 but others might be able to offer better advice.

Happy Shaves!

Last edited:
Well...I've sold the WR2 already as I had so many razors that matched it's performance (but it was a 1.15, and I realise now that a 1.25 or 1.35 would have been better for me).
Yes, the Karve is great and I have all the SB plates from #C to #G.
But the wee Timeless .68 OC sits there looking grumpy because I rarely reach for it. Thought I might revisit it with the .95 plate again.
Then thought that if I can't find a stainless .95 plate do I look at the bronze offerings and sell the stainless Timeless anyway?
There is/was 'someone' on BST who asked me about it a while ago but we were packed up for our house move and then had a 10 week 'lockdown' for Covid.
Maybe I have too many razors? Is that possible? Only have about 10 now.

I believe @StratMan would be able to answer the WR2 1.25 vs Timeless .95 comparison as I believe he still owns both?

Have you thought about trying one the of the newer Slim plates possible in OC as Timeless claim they're the most efficient and that way you'll still be able to keep the .68 setup since the top cap/handle are compatible...? I believe they shave somewhere between the .78 OC and .95 SB plate but they've just been released so not many reviews out???

As nice as the Bronze is its a lot of $$$ to spend on a razor that I honestly don't see you enjoying more than your current setup so checkout some reviews of the Slim plates as I think they'd suit your needs more... :unsure:

I say this as somebody who was looking at upgrading and torn between the .95 & WR2 but unsure what gap to try as 1.05 was smooth but not close enough but too much $$$ to gamble on and went with the Rocca which luckily met my needs and is one I can use easily as a Daily Shaver.

I'd offer the send you the Bronze OC to try but Covid has put a spanner in the shipping and I'd hate for it to get lost or delayed. :(

I believe @StratMan would be able to answer the WR2 1.25 vs Timeless .95 comparison as I believe he still owns both?

Have you thought about trying one the of the newer Slim plates possible in OC as Timeless claim they're the most efficient and that way you'll still be able to keep the .68 setup since the top cap/handle are compatible...? I believe they shave somewhere between the .78 OC and .95 SB plate but they've just been released so not many reviews out???

As nice as the Bronze is its a lot of $$$ to spend on a razor that I honestly don't see you enjoying more than your current setup so checkout some reviews of the Slim plates as I think they'd suit your needs more... :unsure:

I say this as somebody who was looking at upgrading and torn between the .95 & WR2 but unsure what gap to try as 1.05 was smooth but not close enough but too much $$$ to gamble on and went with the Rocca which luckily met my needs and is one I can use easily as a Daily Shaver.

I'd offer the send you the Bronze OC to try but Covid has put a spanner in the shipping and I'd hate for it to get lost or delayed. :(

Hey @Blackie I agree with @Razor Burn that the Timeless Slim Edition would probably go close to meeting your requirement especially the OC variant that is a bit more aggressive. The big advantage is that you already have a Timeless and only need a plate. All parts are interchangeable on the Timeless.

The bronze does look stunning though
Ah...just what I need...more enabling.
Yes, not sure what way to go yet.
I don't really 'need' another razor, but maybe just one more (and no more...I promise).
Although, I have found a sweet Gillette, made in England, flare tip. It won't shave as well as most of my razors but it does look pretty!

Last edited:
I have a bronze 0.38 and timeless titanium 0.65 and 0.95

The bronze reminds me of a Rockwell. It has a similar head design. On my to do is the Slim version also.

the WR2 shaves similarly in efficiency to the timeless 0.95. In hindsight, I would love to try the 1.25 WR2 also.

@Blackie i’m about to let my timeless bronze go if you’re wanting to try it. Let me know if you’re interested before I list it.

Many thanks @Kevy but don't worry. I do appreciate your kind offer though.
I finally decided to get 'another' stainless Timeless .95 OC baseplate instead.
I had one but sold it sometime ago (to a forum member), but now want to go back to the .95 OC (it gave a real nice close shave IIRC).
I agree about a WR2...I think a 1.25 would have been better for me, although the 1.15 is a lovely shaver.
Must admit, the Wolfman razors are something special for their fit and finish. Makes my Timeless and Karve look a bit dreary.