Timeline for gear posted from UK or US to Aus?

Mouette

Hi Guys,
What's the expected timeline for stuff posted from the UK or US to Australia these pandemic days?

I sent a razor to the UK for a honing and it took about 5 weeks to get there - it was held up in UK customs for a week or so, and was duly honed and was posted back on about 31 March. Still waiting and it's now been 7 weeks! I also ordered a brand spanking new Dovo from Superior Shave in Florida, US and it was posted on 10 April, so almost 6 weeks and still no razor. It's killing me waiting for this stuff.

I also bought a Atomo diamond lapping stone from Fleabay sometime in April, and was told that the expected shipping date would be sometime in June, from Japan. A week later I got a message saying that due to the pandemic, they have stopped shipping to this part of the world. I just can't take a trick at the moment.

A motorbike seat bought from Fleabay and shipped from the UK to my place in late March took just three weeks - so the delays must just be for shaving items.

Not sure if the problem is good ole Australia Post or the country it was shipped from. I tend to think that they are sitting in a warehouse in Sydney somewhere.

cheers
Andrew

oycl8mRWu1efgqgWHuDCO9b6cKcS34f5JU52QFnJ89tbQ5OcawFstfROL6BfpaYykUO6IZAAiUn9zDKEEamvA0KxK67iIeclTg5gObGVtc6ab8Skv1b7dB4IeBfBRUewZ7KYHnHGx_-HZTK_hi1IqfSgFlX5AUZYlvTWV6w

How long?

Shaving ie.advised that they are not allowed to ship to Aust, but the Govt. Is reviewing this on a week to week basis