TOB Jermyn Street fanbois club

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
After polishing off my TOBS Sandalwood (and pressing a nice sample of Cella into the bowl that I have had open to air for about 4 months - thanks Drubs!), I cracked open my Jermyn Street cream again after what has been a long stretch on the Sandalwood, then the odd bit of Proraso and Cella.

Oh. My. God.

This lathers better than the Sandalwood. It might even produce more lather per unit of product than Proraso, and I am not yanking your chain either. I just dipped the Pure Badger tips into it and started making lather, and my Muhle brush just went ballistic. I only did 2 passes but I could have done 6 and had plenty left in the brush and bowl.

And the scent... is this the greatest modern scent in barbershop products? Don't get me wrong - there is some excellent classic scents in shaving, but as for the new ones, I think Jermyn Street in all its guises (SC, SS, AS - AND NOW IN AN EdC!!) has what it takes to be named a modern classic scent.

It nods to the old school Fougères (fern-like scents), real masculine smells like lavender, geranium, neroli and amber which on it's own forms the bases of many classic scents such as Chanel Egoiste for one that immediately springs to mind. I think Caroline Herrera for Men and Polo Sport also uses this base, as does Cool Water.

The brilliance of the TOBS perfumers is shown by the twist - dumping a whole heap of patchouli, a nice sweetener of vanilla and a little citrus to bring it into the modern age. It almost becomes a Gourmand (sweet scent) but keeps its Fougère roots at the same time.

Seriously, if they sold this in supermarkets, it would be the new Brut 33. But without the stupid cricket advertising. It's simply brilliant, and the scent of the SC lingers on my skin for many hours.

And the product base that TOBS roll this scent into is their 'Sensitive' formulation, and while it is more 'solid' than then normally well-whipped creams that you get in the other scents, I find this means you get more physical product and it lasts longer as there is more of it and you can (need to) use much less. The extra few dollars you pay for it is well worth it.

If you haven't tried it - then you should. Amazingly good shaving cream and an excellent scent.

Fuck me dead they have an EdC now? I have the AS and the scent lasts all day for me. Just need to use it sparingly though.

Also Jermyn st is in a soap now for those who isn't know.

Sign me up to the club.

Yes, the EdC has been released recently. Not sure if Nathan has it in yet but I would expect $100 for it unfortunately. It's £22.95 in the TOBS online store. There's also a pre-shave gel in Jermyn Street, and they also sell Bath Soaps in the fragrance too.

The AS is great but I find it a little greasy as it is a castor oil base. Yes, you go need to use it sparingly but for me it's not the scent, it's that my skin is greasy enough without slopping castor oil on it!

While Harris Arlington has Drubbing's name on it, I think Jermyn Street has my name on it. I might just buy the Soap and EdC. Wonder if they have a deo stick yet??

I agree the AS is greasy and you only need a tiny bit.

I'm currently out of the cream but its by far my favourite of all creams I have tried so far.

I'm sure a Deo stick will ne along soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, sign me up too! I bought a tube of every TOBS cream ages ago, before Jermyn Street was available. I was in London earlier this year so I had to go to the store and pick up a tube. It's definately one of their best scents.

I bought the MensBiz TOBS sampler early on in my DE adventure. Very grateful to Nathan for making that available. Jermyn St was definitely nice, but after considerable thought, when I bought a full tub of TOBS cream I went with Rose. No regrets, but Jermyn St is something I'd definitely consider for a future purchase.

Yep, I'm definitely in this club.
Best. Scent. Ever. Period. And lather? Boy I love the ease of this cream!

Will have to chase down this EdC as soon as possible.

I wanted to resurrect this thread, because I've been almost exclusively shaving with Jermyn St for the last few weeks and I love it. It smells great, and it's nice to have a unique scent for variation. One can easily grow weary of sandalwood, bay rum, lime. The scent lingers nicely on the face too, more so than most of the other creams and soaps in my stable. The lather it creates is thick, slick and has plenty of cushion. It has better than average moisturising qualities, and always leaves my skin feeling soft but perhaps a little greasy. It's just so easy to lather. I'm constantly surprised at how much lather a small amount of product makes. It seems to absorb a LOT of water and doesn't thin out unless you're truly excessive with the liquid. With the Blobby Foo and a Duke 2, it's so easy.

I'd be so bold as to say that if I could only have one cream, it would be this. So far everything I've tried by TOBS has been great, but do the other old school English brands compare? There's a reasonable amount of love for Harris Arlington around.

Hmm, maybe I should get some ...

I get sledged for saying "brotherhood" but nary a peep for "fanbois"????

Society is crumbling around me!

I'll say it again; Jermyn St is fantastic - and coming into winter, it is a great scent in my opinion.

I agree but the first post in this thread is more than a year old. It sort of slipped under the PC radar. But also we just expect a bit more from you SYD.

There's a user title right there!

Ant to stay on topic, there's only two creams that I keep in stock at all times. Proraso Red, and TOBS Jermyn. It's that good.

Im going to buy 1 last cream before im happy with my collection. This should give me the flexability of a different cream or soap every day of the week ;/ So im tossing up between this and Occams crushed lime - what do you guys think is the better of the 2?

18noah4eun9h8jpg.jpg

I love my Jermyn, but I also love lime. I am told that the Occams is very Limey, but the TOBS is a really great cream, almost like a Proraso kind of level.

I'd go the TOBS. Nothing against Occams at all - just cannot bring myself to choose between Jermyn & something else. Sorry @Occams

George were going to get on well mate if they are your four favs.

Hear hear!! Speak on!! Give that man a mike!

I just got the jermyn st aftershave to match the cream. It's not a street that gets to long.

@Monsta_AU have you not tried the @Occams Lime ?
If we ever meet and I've some left, I'll pif you some to try :)

http://www.wmneumann.com/products/after-shave-signature-1907

So it's been said the scent is the same as the motivation for this thread, with the addition of menthol and... umm... shit, I'm having a @gthomas04 moment here :s
Ahh well, it will come to me when it's ready for me to recall it.

@Monsta_AU
Why is the post above unable to be deleted/edited by me, so I can consolidate these two posta nd save you from doing so ?
Is it me/the software or a combination of the two ?

Last edited by a moderator:
You have a 15 minute window to edit posts. After that they become locked