Toiletries Pack for travelling - what do you use?

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
I'm in the market for a new toiletries bag for travelling. My last one gave up the ghost recently when the zipper blew out.

I need something big enough to take a couple of travel-sized cologne bottles, a razor or two, a brush, a few blades, a small tube of cream or a soap stick, plus the normal stuff like toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, travel-size shampoo/conditioner, anti-perspirant, facewash etc.

I'd like something of decent quality, leather is not out of the question.Even better if it has its own bottles that I can fill for Shampoo & conditioner etc.

It would be really good if they made a nice modern travel kit for something like the Progress, in a similar style to the Single-Ring travellers that Gillette made.

I recently bought a 'travel pack' of items from the supermarket, contains things like a tiny little deodorant, tiny little shampoo, tiny little bodywash, etc. And it all comes in a clear plastic zip bag.

TBH I just use that. It's compact enough, the baby shampoo, bodywash, face wash, post shave balm, all that fits in nicely, as well as my tiny little Merkur travel razor, the Vulfix #406 boar (which travels in an old toilet paper roll to keep the bristles nice and straight) and one of the pots from the eShave Sample Kit.

Oh, and the packet of blades. Though if I'm flying with carry-on luggage only, the safety razor stays at home unfortunately - back to the Mach3 :(

I'm in the market for a new toiletries bag for travelling. My last one gave up the ghost recently when the zipper blew out.

I need something big enough to take a couple of travel-sized cologne bottles, a razor or two, a brush, a few blades, a small tube of cream or a soap stick, plus the normal stuff like toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, travel-size shampoo/conditioner, anti-perspirant, facewash etc.

I'd like something of decent quality, leather is not out of the question.Even better if it has its own bottles that I can fill for Shampoo & conditioner etc.

It would be really good if they made a nice modern travel kit for something like the Progress, in a similar style to the Single-Ring travellers that Gillette made.

Given your known propensity for blades would you care to define "a few" so maybe my suggestion of a steamer trunk can be ignored. :)

I'm a fan of the military style kit, like these two:

But it depends what your budget is as well. This is another I think is good value
All very good and more along the lines I was thinking. That Samsonite bag looks very interesting indeed.

I need something big enough to take ... a few blades... etc.

(emphasis mine)

How about this one?

I travelled over Christmas and took the Progress, two packs of blades, proraso cream tube and badger brush. It fitted nicely in a flat red plastic container that I got from Coles; one of those jobbies with a flip circle in the centre of the lid for heat/steam release.

Worked a treat.

I guess you just have to be realistic about what you are taking with you.

It fitted nicely in a flat red plastic container; one of those jobbies with a flip circle in the centre.

Gret tip! Did the brush stay have opportunity to dry at all? I think I'm paranoid about it getting mouldy being damp and in a confined space with not much air movement.

It was only in the container for a few hours and I don't pack it wet.
Mould wouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Those military-style kits look great. Will have to invest in one when I can justify that much money for a toiletries bag.

All too big and bulky for me! Go light gents :)

Yeah, the aftermath looks like something I imagine an ageing super model would use filled with a gazillion creams, makeup and a few do it yourself collagen injection kits. It's huge! And you'll only start filling it for the sake of filling it.

When we went to Singers for 8 days, the wife was relieved to find she could get all her toiletries in a small backpack that fit in the suitcase ...